Would you love a cheesy chicken taco, but you're Keto? We've got you! crunchy, cheesy, chicken-y, Low Carb AND Gluten-Free - you're welcome!
Tacos are a traditional Mexican favourite and one of the most popular street foods across the world! By making your own cheesy taco shells which are grain-free, gluten-free and Keto friendly, you can have your taco and eat it!
What are Tacos?
Tacos are a traditional Mexican dish which are conventionally made using corn or wheat tortillas stuffed with combinations of meat, fish or veggie fillings. Their hand-sized shape makes them the ideal street food, but it's their amazing Mexican flavours which makes tacos something many of us now enjoy at home too!
How Can I Make Keto Friendly Tacos?
Wheat and corn tortillas are not an option for anyone following a Keto, Gluten-Free, Low Carb or Paleo lifestyle. Making your own taco tortilla shells using one ingredient - cheese - not only makes them suitable for these lifestyles but is also super easy and incredibly delicious!
Hunter & Gather Ranch Olive Oil Dressing
One of the main components of a great taco is a delicious sauce. If enjoying a taco does not equate to a crunchy mess with sauce making its way out of the taco and onto your hands and chin, then you're doing tacos wrong!
This recipe uses our Olive Oil Ranch Dressing, which is made using 100% olive oil along with some amazing real food ingredients, herbs and spices. It's Keto, Paleo and Low Carb friendly, as well as free from gluten.
Using our ranch dressing as a meaty marinade for your cooked chicken is a nutritious and delicious way to achieve the saucy taco everyone craves - minus the additives, sugars and seed oils you'd find in most ordinary ranch sauces.
You can learn more in our articles below:
Keto Tacos with Ranch Chicken
Keto, Gluten-Free & Low Carb
Makes 6 Tacos
Nutritional Info (per taco):
Of which saturates: 12.2g
Of which sugars: 0.7g
What You Need (ingredients):
- 270 grated cheddar cheese
- You'll also need some parchment paper
- 450g free range chicken breasts
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Ranch Dressing
- 60g grated cheddar
- Handful fresh coriander
What You Do (method):
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Place the chicken breasts into a baking dish (with a lid), drizzle with lime juice, sprinkle with garlic salt and top with the diced onion - cover with the lid and bake on the bottom shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, make your cheese tortillas: place a sheet of parchment paper onto 3 baking trays and make 2 even circles of cheese on each tray (6 in total), leaving space between each circle
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes (on the top and middle shelf), swapping the trays after around after 5 minutes - they should be slightly bubbly and golden brown
- Remove the cheese tacos from the oven and once slightly cooled, lay the cheese over the handle of a wooden spoon to shape into taco shells (you can also use taco shapers if available!)
- Whilst the cheese tacos are hardening, dice the cooked chicken and add to a large mixing bowl with the diced avocado and Hunter & Gather Ranch dressing, tossing to coat
- Spoon the chicken mixture down centre of each cheese taco and sprinkle with some fresh coriander and extra grated cheese to serve!