Make yourself a batch of Greek salad mason jars with Avocado Oil dressing - and get healthy lunch prepped all week long!
Jars of goodness, packed with flavour
We can't think of anything more satisfying than starting a busy week with a fridge full of nutritious, delicious mason jar salads ready to grab on your way out of the door.
When making salads in advance, the trick is to keep the dressing separate, so that it doesn't make the fresh ingredients soggy.
By adding the dressing to your mason jar first, you can layer up your veggies on top so that they stay crispy and fresh.
Then all it takes is a good shake to get everything dressed to impress and ready to enjoy.
This recipe is perfect for meal prep - so let's get organised!
Why you should switch to 100% avocado oil salad dressing
We make our Greek Avocado Oil Dressing with 100% avocado oil - rather than a little avocado oil blended with other veg and seed oils that aren't good for us.
Dressings made with vegetable and seed oils may be cheaper, but always come at a cost to our health.
You can learn all about the health benefits of avocado oil and why you should avoid veg & seed oil alternatives in our articles below.
Hunter & Gather Greek Avocado Oil Dressing
Our Greek Avocado Oil Dressing a great source of healthy fats, is Keto friendly & Low Carb and is free from gluten, sugar and anything that's not a natural, real food ingredient.
We add red wine vinegar, lemon, garlic, coriander, marjoram, oregano and a twist of cracked black pepper for an authentic tasting Greek dressing.
You can use our Greek Avocado Oil Dressing to marinate meat, for dipping and dunking, as a ready to use sauce or simply to dress your favourite salads (like this one!). If Greek isn't your thing - you can also use our creamy Ranch dressing as an alternative!
Here's the recipe.
Nutritional info (per serving):
Of which saturates: 4.9g
Of which sugar: 5.1g
What you need (ingredients):
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cucumber, cubed
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Handful of olives (in brine)
- 1 block of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 8 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Greek Dressing
What you do (method):
- For this recipe you’ll need 4 mason jars or 4 large airtight containers, so make sure they're clean and ready to go before you start
- Begin by putting 2 tablespoons of dressing into each container before beginning to layer the ingredients on top
- Add the cheese first, then start with the most hearty of ingredients and work your way to the softest: peppers, onions, cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce on top
- Place the lid on top and store in the fridge until ready to eat
- When ready to serve, simply shake the jar, remove the lid and dump the salad onto a plate - then enjoy!