Low Carb & Keto Friendly Fajitas
Fajitas are a Mexican favourite, usually made with grilled meat, peppers and onions served up in a corn or flour tortilla.
Take away the tortilla and you're left with a nutritious, delicious and Low Carb meal. Better yet, replace the tortilla with a grain-free alternative and you've got yourself Keto-friendly fajitas.
Here are some quick and easy Low Carb, Keto-friendly tortilla alternatives to wrap your tasty fajita filling in.
👉 Grain free cassava wraps recipe
Egg Free Garlic Mayo & Lime Drizzle
Fajitas are as much about their condiments as they are their fillings! Whether it's a spicy salsa, chunky guac or cooling sauce - condiments will really take your fajitas to the next level.
This recipe includes a cooling creamy mayo drizzle which works perfectly with the spiced chicken and veggies. Simply mix together garlic mayo and fresh lime juice for a zingy and authentic Mexican flavour.
Our Garlic Egg Free Mayo is made with 100% olive oil and is free from all top 14 allergens - including egg. It's the sugar-free, real food and flavour packed mayo your Keto chicken fajita traybake deserves!
Hungry yet? Here's the recipe.
Nutritional info (per serving)*:
Of which saturates: 2.7g
Of which sugar: 3.7g
*Per serving without additional toppings or Egg Free Mayo dressing
What you need (ingredients):
- 500g free range chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil
- 4 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Garlic Egg Free Mayo
- 1 lime
Optional toppings: chopped lettuce, tomato, raw onion, avocado, coriander, sour cream & grated cheese.
What you do (method):
- Preheat the oven to 200C and grab a large non-stick baking tray
- Add the chicken, sliced peppers and onions to the baking tray before drizzling with avocado oil
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the spices before sprinkling over the chicken and veggies
- Toss well to coat everything in the oil and spices, then bake for 35 minutes before removing from the oven and setting aside
- Next, for the egg-free mayo drizzle - add the mayo and lime juice to a small bowl, whisk until smooth and saucy and then drizzle generously over the cooked fajita traybake
- If desired, top with your chosen extra toppings before serving as it is or with a grain-free tortilla wrap - then enjoy!