Our signature chilli with a chocolate twist and added grass fed lamb liver capsules.
Chocolate in chilli, say what?! 🍫
If you've heard about the combination of chocolate and chilli and are sceptical, hear us out!
Adding chocolate to your chilli will in no way make it sweet or take away from the savoury flavour that you know and love.
Instead, we use cacao powder as a sort of spice - providing a rich, earthy and umami flavour which works really well with the acidity of the tomatoes, for a more balanced flavour.
Add cacao powder together with the remaining spices for a tasty and flavoursome chilli - we promise you won't regret it!
Hunter & Gather Grass Fed Lamb Liver Capsules 💊
Our Grass Fed Lamb Liver Capsules harness the nutritional powerhouse that is lambs liver in supplement capsules that are easy and convenient to enjoy every day.
Sourced from grass fed, wild roaming Icelandic lambs - they're 100% pure liver in a gelatine capsule.
We don't add anything or take anything away, so you get a potent and bioavailable source of Vitamins A & B12, Copper, Riboflavin and much more.
Enjoy your capsules as supplements, or empty the powder to add to healthy recipes like this one.
Here's the recipe.
Nutritional info (per serving*):
Of which saturates: 10.7g
Of which sugar: 5.5g
*Per serving based on 4 servings
What you need (ingredients):
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 350ml bone broth
- 500g Grass Fed beef mince (at least 20% fat)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons hot chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Hunter & Gather Liver Capsules (as many as desired, we recommend at least 12)
- 100g cauliflower rice (optional, but adds extra veggies and bulk without beans!)
What you do (method):
- Preheat a large pot on a medium heat - once hot, brown the beef mince, breaking up with a spoon until cooked
- Remove the beef mince, transferring to a bowl - but leave at least 3 tablespoons of the fat in the pan
- In the leftover beef drippings, sauté the onion, garlic and red pepper (and cauliflower rice, if using) until softened - roughly 3-5 minutes
- Once the onions are translucent add the tomatoes, bone broth, cacao, spices and salt
- Reduce the heat to low and allow the chilli to simmer for at least 25 minutes, but for up to 2 hours
- Once ready to serve, remove from the heat and stir the powder from inside the liver capsules into the pot or into each bowl
Top with your desired toppings - we love sour cream, avocado or cheese - then enjoy!