Fall back in love with meal prep with our basil pesto chicken recipe!
It's time to start enjoying meal prep again!
We know all too well what it's like to have good intentions on a Sunday morning about meal prepping for the week ahead.
But by the time you've had your Sunday roast and a nice long afternoon walk outdoors, the idea can seem less appealing as the day goes on!
This recipe takes all the fuss and effort out of meal prep for a simple, quick and easy batch cook that will keep you fuelled throughout your working day.
Make in advance and store in the fridge for effortlessly nourishing lunches all week long.
Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil Pesto
This recipe uses a batch of our Paleo Basil Pesto with Avocado Oil as a tasty topping for your chicken thighs.
Made using all natural ingredients and Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil, our pesto is grain-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free as well as Paleo and Keto friendly.
You only need 4 servings of pesto for our meal prep chicken and the recipe makes 12, so you'll have plenty leftover for other dishes too!
Let's get organised, here's our Meal Prep Pesto Chicken recipe.
Nutritional info (per serving*):
Of which saturates: 4.5g
Of which sugar: 2g
*Per serving with 1 tablespoon pesto
What you need (ingredients):
- 500g Organic chicken thighs (can use boneless/skinless or skin on)
- 400g fine green beans
- 200g broccoli
- 4 servings Hunter & Gather basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil
- Himalayan salt & cracked black pepper
What you do (method):
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place the chicken thighs onto the parchment paper and spread a generous dollop of pesto on top of each one
- Bake the chicken for 15 minutes (if boneless) or 25 minutes (with bones)
- Meanwhile, toss the beans and broccoli with the avocado oil, salt and pepper
- Once the chicken has cooked, remove the tray from the oven and spread the vegetables around the chicken - then place back in the oven for an additional 20 minutes, or until the veggies are cooked
- Divide the chicken and vegetables between 4 meal prep lunch boxes and serve with an additional one tablespoon of pesto on the side