Low Carb & Keto Friendly egg wrap recipe - ready in 5 minutes and topped with crispy bacon, grated cheese and Hunter & Gather Mayo; that's a wrap!
Eggs are a Nutritional Powerhouse
Eggs are packed with nutrients including a complete source of protein, healthy fats, iron, calcium, vitamins, minerals and carotenoids. What's more, eggs are also super versatile and can be used in almost any meal for a boost of nutrients and flavour.
Together with our Classic Avocado Oil Mayo which also utilises Free Range egg yolk, this recipe is high in protein and healthy fats but low in carbs.
You can learn more about the nutritional benefits of eggs in or article below.
A Great Alternative to Store Bought Wraps
Making your own egg wraps from scratch is a great way to create a tasty vessel for your toppings that's free from the preservatives, artificial flavourings, gluten, seed oils and grains often found in premade wraps.
In their place you can enjoy natural nutrients that aren't just filling but will keep you satisfied for longer - with the added bonus of a far more flavourful taste!
As well as topping with avocado oil mayo, crispy bacon and grated cheese as in this recipe - you can also use your homemade egg wraps for the following:
🍳 Smother in Unsweetened Ketchup, top with grated cheese and your choice of toppings for a Low Carb Keto pizza
🍳 Stuff with Unsweetened Smokey Barbecue Sauce, pulled pork or beef and grated cheese - then fold in half and grill for Low Carb quesedillas
🍳 Use as an alternative to bread for a Low Carb toasted sandwich
🍳 Add to a bowl and top with fresh salad leaves, sliced onion, cooked chicken and a drizzle of Olive Oil Dressing for a protein packed salad bowl
Or you can go ahead and use our serving suggestions here for a Low Carb take on a burrito that will liven up any lunchtime! Here's the recipe.
Nutritional info (per serving*):Calories: 560
Of which saturates: 22.4g
Of which sugar: 0g
*Per serving of 1 wrap with 2 rashers of streaky bacon
What you need (ingredients):
- 1-3 rashers of streaky or back bacon, cooked to desired crispness
- 3 tablespoons grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- A few slices of red onion
- Optional: avocado, tomato, chives etc.
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Himalayan salt & cracked black pepper
What you do (method):
- In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the wrap aside from the butter - until it comes together into a cohesive mixture (there shouldn’t be big streaks of egg white or egg yolk!)
- Add the butter to a small saucepan or skillet and let it melt over a medium heat
- Next, add the egg mixture to the skillet and swirl so the entire bottom of the pan is coated, cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bottom is set
- Flip the wrap and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side or until the egg is cooked through, before moving your wrap to a plate
- To assemble the wrap, spread a generous amount of Hunter & Gather mayonnaise into the middle of the wrap, top with the bacon and your desired toppings, before rolling together like a burrito (using parchment paper can help make the finished product less messy to eat - just place the egg wrap on the parchment before building and use the paper to help you roll!)
- Enjoy with an extra dollop of mayo for dunking!