The clue is in the name with this nourish bowl - it's packed with health optimising nutrients! Each delicious serving provides a generous dose of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and healthy fats - not to mention flavour!
Health Benefits of Fatty Fish
Fatty fish such as salmon are an amazing source of Omega-3 fatty acids as well as Vitamins D, B2 and B12. They're a delicious way to give your brain, eyes, heart and immune system the bountiful supply of nutrients they each need to thrive.
Some of our favourite fatty fishes include salmon, herring, trout, pilchards, sardines and mackerel. We always like to choose wild caught fish, which are sourced from their natural environment. Not only is this more sustainable but the fish also have a favourable nutritional profile, thanks to their naturally diverse diet.
Why You Should Add Nuts & Seeds to Your Keto Diet
Just like oily fish, most nuts and seeds are a great source of healthy fats and so are a welcome addition to a real food lifestyle.
Seeds and nuts are also incredibly nutrient-dense, so a little goes a long way and adding just a handful to any meal is a great way to boost its nutrition and fat content.
As well as healthy fats, seeds and nuts are a great source of fibre, protein, zinc magnesium, selenium and iron. You can gain all of these nutrients from nut milk and butter too - if you don't always have whole nuts in the kitchen cupboard!
You can even make seeds the star of your dish, with recipes such as this one...
Hunter & Gather Olive Oil Mayonnaise
Our Keto & Real Food friendly Lemon Olive Oil Mayo is made using light olive oil from ancient olive groves. This is one of the healthiest fats there is and also gives a silky smooth, subtle olive flavour.
We add Spanish lemons which are sun-ripened to perfection for the zingy and zesty kick which makes this mayo ridiculously moreish!
Our mayo is perfect for dipping, dunking and dolloping - but is also easily transformed into a sauce, dressing or marinade. The citrus flavour works really well with seafood dishes such as this one 👌
Nutritional info (per serving*):
Of which saturates: 4.1g
Of which sugar: 3.4g
*Per serving of ¼ of recipe with 13 grams mayo
What you need (ingredients):
- 400g cooked wild salmon or 4 large slices of smoked salmon
- 1 large cucumber, cubed
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- Handful of olives, halved
- Flesh of 2 avocados, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Capers
- 4 tablespoons Pumpkin seeds
- 4 tablespoons Sunflower seeds
- 1 large bunch fresh dill
- Pink Salt and Black Pepper
- Hunter & Gather Lemon Olive Oil Mayonnaise
What you do (method):
- To assemble the salad bowls, simply toss the cucumber, roasted red peppers, olives and avocado together in a bowl before dividing into 4 bowls
- Flake the cooked salmon (or smoked salmon slices) evenly over each
- Next, add a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, a few capers and a generous pinch of fresh dill to each bowl
- Finish by seasoning with salt and pepper and spooning Hunter & Gather Lemon Olive Oil Mayo over the top of each nourish bowl - then dig in!