KETO, PALEO, LOW CARB & FREE FROM DAIRY, GLUTEN, REFINED SUGAR & SEED OILS
Lemon & Dill bring classic flavours to the table with this whole baked salmon fillet recipe that's deceptively easy to prepare and cook and super delicious. Get ready to present an impressive centrepiece with minimal effort and maximum result!
Is wild caught salmon better than farmed?
Farmed salmon is a modern phenomenon in which salmon are grown at unnaturally high rates to meet increased demand from our ever-growing population.
However, farming fish introduces toxins, antibiotics, contaminants and artificial colourings to the food chain - not to mention keeping the fish in cramped conditions with limited natural movement.
Wild caught salmon is a little more expensive but will pay dividends in flavour and quality. It is also the ethical choice, allowing fish to swim free and enjoy a natural diet.
Did you know that our Marine Collagen Peptides are derived from wild caught North Atlantic white fish? You can learn more here 🐟
Why should I use 100% olive oil mayonnaise?
Store-bought mayonnaise often utilises refined veg and seed oils as they are much cheaper than unrefined, grain-free oils. Again, this is usually a case of low price, low quality.
As oil is the main ingredient in mayonnaise. choosing one which is made with refined veg or seed oils introduces a high amount of these inflammatory oils to the diet. Not only are they not Paleo friendly, but they are also harmful to health, with the high-heat processing methods used to derive them disrupting our Omega-3-6 ratio and contributing to chronic disease. You can learn more in our article below:
🔥 Why to avoid inflammatory refined veg & seed oils
Hunter & Gather 100% Olive Oil mayonnaise is made using - you guessed it - olive oil! This naturally occurring fruit oil has a healthful nutritional profile, high in healthy fats such as oleic acid and rich in Vitamins E & K.
What can I serve my whole salmon fillet with?
Whatever you fancy! This Lemon & Dill Salmon Recipe is the perfect centrepiece to any meal, so works really well with some tasty side dishes. We couldn't let you serve this without our Olive & Lemon Mayo - but what else you add is up to you!
Here are some Paleo, Keto, Low Carb suggestions:
🥑 Celeriac Chips cooked in Avocado Oil
🍑 Burrata Salad with Griddled Nectarines & Herby Dressing
NUTRITIONAL INFO (Per Serving):
Of which saturates: 3.4g
Of which Sugar: 0.1g
WHAT YOU NEED (Ingredients):
- 400-500g wild caught salmon (one medium fillet)
- 2 tbsp Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil
- 1 large pinch Himalayan Pink salt
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 bunch of fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dried dill)
- Hunter and Gather Olive & Lemon Mayo
WHAT YOU DO (Method):
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place the fish on the baking sheet, drizzle with avocado oil and season with salt
- Slice the lemon into thin slices and finely chop the dill, sprinkle each evenly over the fish, before placing in the oven
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the salmon is cooked to your liking, it should be juicy throughout and easily flaked
- Serve with a hearty dollop of Olive & Lemon Oil Mayo and your choice of side dishes