KETO PIZZA MADE WITH FATHEAD DOUGH AND HUNTER & GATHER CLASSIC TOMATO KETCHUP
We don't think anyone should have to give up pizza in the pursuit of optimal health! So, we've dissected conventional pizza and reinvented each aspect to be free from refined sugar, grains, seed oils and gluten, as well as 100% Keto friendly 🙌
WHAT IS FATHEAD DOUGH?
Fathead dough is a dough recipe which is usually made using grated cheese, cream cheese, eggs and almond flour. It can be used to replace conventional dough in recipes to make them Keto friendly, low carb, high fat and gluten free.
The dough gets its unusual name from a documentary named 'Fathead', which follows a comedian who loses weight on a high fat diet to challenge conventional opinions on obesity and healthy eating - namely those exacerbated by the documentary 'Super Size Me.' If you're interested in challenging convention and healthy debate, check out our article below which debunks many of the messages in plant-based documentary Game Changers:
👉 The Game Changers debunked: flawed evidence
WHICH PIZZA TOPPINGS ARE KETO FRIENDLY?
Once you've made your fathead pizza and it's ready to go in the oven, you can add whichever toppings you like before the final bake. Here's some delicious Keto friendly suggestions:
- Meats - shredded chicken, minced beef, parma ham, chorizo, crispy bacon
- Veggies - mushroom, onion, olives, peppers, spinach, jalapeños
- Cheese - blue cheese, burrata, feta, halloumi
- Extras - fresh basil, chilli flakes, grated parmesan, fresh chilli
CAN I USE KETCHUP INSTEAD OF PIZZA SAUCE?
This recipe uses Hunter & Gather Unsweetened Ketchup as a pizza base sauce. It's made using tomatoes, as well a blend of vinegar and spices, and is free from added sugars, sweeteners and dates.
Our ketchup is ready to slather on top of your base and clocks in at just 1g carbs per serving - the perfect good-to-go pizza sauce! You could also use our Smokey Barbecue Sauce or Spicy Chipotle Ketchup depending on the toppings you prefer.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (PER SERVING):
Note: nutritional information for this recipe has been calculated to include the base, extra cheese and ketchup, but does not include optional additional toppings.
Of which saturates: 4g
Of which sugars: 2g
WHAT YOU NEED (INGREDIENTS):
- 60g grated mozzarella cheese
- 60g full fat cream cheese
- 1 free range egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 120g fine almond flour
- 125g Hunter and Gather Tomato Ketchup
- 50g grated mozzarella cheese
- Desired toppings – see Keto friendly suggestions above
WHAT YOU DO (METHOD):
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a pizza tray with parchment paper
- Add the mozzarella and cream cheese to a medium sized microwave-safe bowl and microwave on a high heat in 30 second increments, until both have melted
- Stir the two cheeses together for one minute or so, until they cool down slightly
- Add the egg, almond flour and garlic granules - use your hands to mix until the dough forms one cohesive ball - it will be sticky!
- Using your hands, press the dough into a thin, pizza shaped crust - the thinner the crust, the crispier it will bake
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes then remove from the oven and top with the Hunter and Gather Tomato Ketchup sauce, cheese and desired toppings
- Place your pizza back in the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes until the cheese is golden brown
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting and serving
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.