Keto friendly dark chocolate and raspberry muffins made dairy free with our extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil. A gluten-free, dairy-free and Paleo muffin recipe that's as tasty as any you've had.
How to make Keto & Low Carb muffins
You can drastically reduce the carb content of any baking recipe by making a few simple swaps. In place of the usual sugar and flour, we have used erythritol (a natural sweetener) and grain-free almond flour.
We also opt for naturally lower in sugar dark chocolate and raspberries - which contain far less sugar compared with milk chocolate and many alternative dried fruits.
Each freshly baked, gorgeously gooey muffin contains just 2.5g carbs - compared with anywhere from the 50-70g carbs you'd find in a regular chocolate muffin.
You can check out some of our other Low Carb baking creations below.
Hunter & Gather Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a great source of healthy fats including medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). It is also solid at room temperature, with a buttery texture and subtle coconut flavour which makes it ideal for baking with.
Hunter & Gather Coconut Oil is a pure extra virgin oil which is cold pressed and completely natural. It is free from grains, seed oils and sugar - made with nothing but 100% pure coconut flesh.
As well as being great for adding to Keto and Paleo baking recipes, it can also be used as a cooking oil in savoury dishes - and can even be applied to hair and skin for a natural beauty treatment!
You can learn more about coconut oil below.
And here is our Keto dark chocolate and raspberry muffins recipe.
Nutritional info (per serving):
Of which saturates: 7.6g
Of which sugar: 1.5g
What you need (ingredients):
- 250g almond flour
- 100g erythritol
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 70g Hunter & Gather Coconut Oil, melted
- 75ml non-dairy milk (Coconut milk or unsweetened nut milk)
- 3 free range eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 100g fresh raspberries
- 25g dark chocolate, chopped
What you do (method):
- Preheat the oven to 175C and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases
- Add all the ingredients aside from the chocolate and raspberries to a large bowl and stir until combined into a thick cake batter
- Next, gently fold in the raspberries and chopped chocolate
- Divide the muffin mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean)
- Allow the muffins to cool before enjoying!