KETO, PALEO & CARNIVORE FRIENDLY FAT BOMBS - PACKED WITH HEALTHY FATS, PROTEIN AND ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS IN EVERY BITE!
Our Carnivore Fat Bombs with added collagen peptides are made using minimal real food ingredients and can be prepared in just 5 minutes. They're perfect for batch-cooking and storing in the freezer - until you're ready for your next hit of healthy fats!
What are fat bombs?
Fat bombs are small and nutrient-dense snacks whose main ingredient is fat, such as coconut oil or animal fat. They are popular amongst low-carb and high-fat lifestyles such as Paleo and Keto. Fat bombs made using animal fat are also a great real food, savoury and carnivore friendly snack.
What is beef tallow and can I use another animal fat?
Tallow is a rendered form of beef or mutton fat, it is similar to lard which is also rendered fat but is derived from pork. Tallow is solid at room temperature and is a really versatile ingredient, ideal for adding to Keto, Paleo and Carnivore recipes.
Tallow is a pure source of fat (containing no protein or carbs) and is an amazing source of vitamins, minerals and healthy fats such as conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA). Not only is animal fat incredibly nutrient-dense but it is also a great alternative to harmful seed oils, is incredibly cheap to buy and makes great use of animal by-products which are all too often wasted.
You can use any animal fat in this recipe, so long as it is solid at room temperature.
Why should I add collagen peptides to my fat bombs?
Hunter & Gather Hydrolysed Collagen Peptides are a great addition to any meal or drink, to boost your intake of essential amino acids and highly bioavailable protein.
Adding collagen to this recipe makes it a great source of protein as well as healthy fats, which is a bonus as most fat bombs are very low in protein! Each of our carnivore fat bombs provides 27g fat, 6g protein and zero carbs 🙌
Our collagen peptides are unflavoured and dissolve easily, so you can sneak them into all kinds of recipes for a nutrient boost! You can learn more about the benefits of collagen in our articles below:
Nutritional info (per fat bomb):
Of which saturates: 13.5g
Of which sugars: 0g
What you need (ingredients):
- 250ml melted beef tallow (or another animal fat)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint (or ½ teaspoon dried mint)
- 3-4 servings of Hunter & Gather Collagen Peptides (50-60g)
- Himalayan rock salt & cracked black pepper to season
- Optional Organ Supplement Capsules
What you do (method):
- Melt the beef tallow - in a pan on a low-medium heat - until it is completely liquid or over a campfire (for that truly wild experience)
- Add the melted fat to a large glass measuring jug and whisk in the collagen peptides until completely dissolved (Optional: add organ capsules - open capsule and pour in powder whilst whisking).
- Add the salt, pepper and mint, then mix once more
- Pour even amounts of the mixture into silicone moulds and pop into the freezer (If you don’t have a silicone mould, you can freeze it in the bowl and use a spoon or cookie scoop to scoop out individual balls once set)
- Freeze until solid – this usually takes around 3 hours but you can also leave overnight
- Remove from the freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for around one hour before enjoying!
- You could also store these in the fridge for a few days, if you want them ready to go.