PALEO, CARNIVORE, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE AND SUGAR-FREE GRASS FED BEEF BURGERS
Once you've made your own burgers from scratch you'll never turn back! Our juicy Grass Fed beef burgers are served up in a crispy lettuce 'bun' and topped with your favourite condiments and classic garnishes (Just skip the bun and sides if carnivore). They're super easy to make and ready in under 30 minutes - perfect as they are for a delicious lunch, or alongside your favourite sides for dinner!
WHAT IS THE BEST MEAT TO MAKE BURGERS WITH?
We recommend using Grass Fed beef mince for this recipe as it is marbled with healthy fats which brings heaps of flavour and also stops the burgers from drying out.
You can however use whichever mince you have available or prefer. If you are using chicken or turkey mince which tend to be a little drier, then the grated cheese in this recipe will help to keep them moist - but always be sure to cook them through.
IS MAYONNAISE HEALTHY?
The majority of store-bought mayonnaise is made using refined vegetable or seed oils, which are inflammatory and bad for us. You'll also find artificial ingredients, additives and preservatives in conventional mayonnaise.
Hunter & Gather Mayonnaise is made using 100% Avocado Oil, a nutrient-dense fruit oil which is packed with healthy fats. It's also free from grains, sugar and seed oils and flavoured with natural real food ingredients. You can use whichever Hunter & Gather mayonnaise you like in this recipe, choose from:
🥑 Classic Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
🧄 Garlic Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
🌶 Chipotle Lime Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
IS TOMATO KETCHUP HEALTHY?
No longer is the humble tomato ketchup a guilty pleasure or something you should resist asking for! We've reinvented ketchup to remove everything that's bad for us - refined sugar, sweeteners, artificial ingredients - and replaced them with natural and delicious real food ingredients.
Our Unsweetened Sauces are the perfect condiment. Made using all-natural real food ingredients, they're perfect to dollop on your burgers, choose from:
Are you hungry yet?! Here's the recipe...
Grass Fed Beef Burgers
Paleo, Low Carb & Gluten-Free
Makes 4 Burgers
Nutritional Info (Per Burger with Toppings):
Of which saturates: 20.3g
Of which sugar: 3.8g
WHAT YOU NEED (INGREDIENTS):
To Make the Burgers:
- 650g Grass Fed beef mince
- 100g grated cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt & Cracked Black pepper to season
To Make the Toppings:
- 150g iceberg lettuce leaves (for the bun)
- 4 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Classic Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- 150g cooked & crumbled streaky bacon
- 75g sliced dill pickles
- 100g grated cheese
- 4 tablespoons of Hunter & Gather Classic Ketchup
WHAT YOU DO (METHOD):
- Add all of the burger ingredients to a large metal or ceramic bowl, mixing with your hands or a wooden spoon until everything is combined
- Divide the burger mixture into four and use your hands or a round cutter to form four even burger patties
- Heat the avocado oil in a non-stick pan on a medium heat and add the burgers once the oil is sizzling, flipping your burgers once you can see they are caramelised on the underside (this should only take a few minutes)
- Once flipped, add the grated cheese to the top of the burger whilst still in the pan - this will allow the cheese to melt slightly - remove from the heat once cooked through
- Assemble your burgers by dolloping the mayonnaise onto the lettuce 'bun' bottom, followed by the burger, ketchup, dill pickles and crispy bacon - then finishing with another lettuce lid
- Serve as they are or with your favourite Keto side dish!
RECIPE VIDEO WALKTHROUGH:
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.