An Italian classic with a Keto twist - make your own grain-free Focaccia and get ready for Low Carb delicious fresh 'bread' in just 30 minutes.
How to make grain-free Focaccia
Focaccia is a much-loved classic Italian bread which is crispy, bouncy, rich and dotted with signature dimples - perfect for catching flavour.
Traditionally, focaccia is made using bread flour and so it is usually high in carbs and off the menu for many lifestyles. But by replacing bread flour with almond flour, you can achieve the same freshly baked focaccia you know and love - with just 1.7g carbs per serving.
What to serve with your Keto Focaccia
Our simple grain-free focaccia is seasoned generously with sea salt and crispy rosemary sprigs - 2 classic toppings. Along with the rich olive oil infused dough, you'll enjoy eating your freshly baked bread simply warm out the oven.
However, if you want to take your focaccia to the next level you can pair it with the following Keto serving suggestions to really make a meal of it!
Hunter & Gather Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Olive oil is an essential ingredient for any focaccia, it enriches the dough and creates a crispy surface. Olive oil even helps to bring out the flavour of your toppings and seasonings, infusing them with oil as they sizzle away in the oven.
What's more, olive oil is perhaps the only food which every eating template can agree on - it's good for us and a welcome addition to any diet.
Good quality olive oil is an amazing source of healthy fats, which have been shown to have numerous health benefits from improving heart health to reducing inflammation and even improving brain function and mood.
You can learn more about the nutrition and benefits of olive oil in our articles below.
Hunter & Gather olive oil is 100% cold pressed and Extra Virgin Standard. This production method literally squeezes all the goodness out of the olives, creating an entirely pure olive oil that's minimally processed.
Our olive oil is perfect for cooking with and ideal for making your own rich and flavoursome focaccia bread - so here's the recipe!
Nutritional info (per serving):
Of which saturates: 3.7g
Of which sugar: 0.9g
What you need (ingredients):
- 350g grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 large free range egg
- 150g almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- Hunter & Gather Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
What you do (method):
- Preheat the oven to 175C and grab a 20cm square baking dish
- Add the cream cheese and mozzarella to a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments until melted, stirring between each one
- Once melted, allow to cool slightly before adding the almond flour, baking powder and egg - use your hands to mix together until a cohesive “dough” is formed
- Press the dough into an even layer in the pan, making sure to cover it with the traditional focaccia style dimples!
- Drizzle the dough with Hunter & Gather Olive Oil and sprinkle generously with sea salt and fresh rosemary
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, and allow to cool slightly before slicing and enjoying