Chicken, cheese, bacon and barbecue sauce. This one sells itself!
A Classic, made even better
Hunter's Chicken is a classic French dish which has been reinvented in the modern world to usually include chicken breast wrapped in bacon, which is then coated in barbecue sauce and topped with cheese.
There's no denying that this is comfort food at it's best, but tasting so good does not have to come at a cost to your health. We've recreated the recipe with free range chicken and bacon smothered in our own unsweetened barbecue sauce - for a meal that's as good for you as it tastes.
Our Unsweetened Smokey Barbecue Sauce is made with Organic tomatoes, a special blend of herbs & spices and balsamic & cider vinegars. Unlike most barbecue sauces, it's free from sugar, dates and sweeteners - bringing full flavour to the table minus any hidden nasties.
What else can I enjoy my Barbecue Sauce with?
Like all sauces, our Unsweetened Barbecue Sauce is perfect for dipping, dunking and dolloping alongside almost any meal.
But you can also make it the star of the show by parading it as the main event in some of our favourite barbecue-based recipes:
Now that your tastebuds are well and truly tantalised, here is our Hunter's Chicken with Unsweetened Barbecue Sauce recipe!
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Of which saturates: 6.6g
Of which sugar: 2.2g
What you need (ingredients):
- 4 Free Range chicken breasts
- 8 rashers of Free Range back bacon
- 4-8 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Barbecue Sauce
- 60g grated cheese (cheddar or mozzarella works well)
- Himalayan salt & cracked black pepper to season
What you do (method):
- Preheat the oven to 200C and grab a baking dish (feel free to line the baking dish with parchment paper to aid in cleanup!)
- Season each chicken breast generously with salt and pepper
- Take 2 slices of bacon per chicken breast and carefully wrap the bacon rashers around the chicken, covering as much as possible - secure the bacon in place with a toothpick before placing your wrapped chicken in the baking dish
- Next, spoon 1-2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce over each chicken breast before topping with equal amounts of grated cheese
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until it is piping hot and cooked throughout
- Be sure to carefully remove the toothpicks from the chicken before serving - then dig in!