Steaming bowl of hot and spicy chilli with minced beef, gherkins and jalapeño Chillies
Sometimes there is nothing better than a steaming bowl of chili, even better when it has a cheeseburger twist with bacon - the ultimate comfort food, without any hidden seed oils, refined sugar or grains.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Of which saturates: 3g
Carbohydrates: 24g (remove the sweet potato to lower the total carbs if following Keto)
Of which sugars: 10g
- 500 grams grass fed minced beef
- 5 slices of streaky bacon, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped into chunks (swap out for Keto to turnips)
- 2 cans (800 grams) of chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup (roughly 1/3 bottle or 80 grams) Hunter and Gather Smokey Barbecue
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup or 235 mls bone broth
- 1/3 cup chopped gherkins (about 6)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped red onion
- Extra bacon
- Coconut cream
- Cheese (If tolerated)
What You Do (Method):
- Heat a Dutch oven or large soup pot over medium/medium high heat. Cook the beef until brown, breaking it into chunks with a wooden spoon. Remove the beef from the pan.
- Next, drop in the chopped streaky bacon and cook until crispy and all of the fat is rendered. Remove the bacon, but leave the bacon fat!
- To the bacon grease, add the chopped onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the minced garlic.
- Once the garlic smells fragrant (1-2 minutes), add the chopped tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, paprika, chilli powder, vinegar, bone broth, chopped gherkins, salt and pepper. Stir until combined!
- Next, add the cooked beef, cooked bacon and the chopped sweet potato.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, turn down the heat to low and cover. Simmer the Chilli for 25-30 minutes or until thick and delicious!
- Top with optional toppings and enjoy!