A rich, aromatic and spicy chicken tikka curry recipe that's low in carbs and high in flavour. Make room for this one on your regular midweek menu, it's a keeper.
The nation's favourite curry
We've taken the nation's favourite curry dish and given it a Keto and Low Carb upgrade, so that you can have just another excuse to make a delicious curry for dinner.
If you usually treat yourself to a takeaway or readymade curry, then prepare to be amazed at just how quick and easy it is to make a healthy chicken tikka curry from scratch. Not to mention how much nicer and fresher it will taste.
With our special blend of spices and sauce ingredients, you can make chicken tikka for the whole family in just 30 minutes. It's cheaper, healthier and - most importantly - tastier! Once you have made your own homemade chicken tikka curry you won't look back.
What to serve your Keto & Low Carb curry with
Curry and rice go hand in hand, but what if you're Keto, Paleo or following a Low Carb diet?
The good news is that there are many alternatives to rice which you can serve up alongside your Keto curry to keep the whole meal Low Carb.
Check out our article below for 4 of the best Low Carb and Keto alternatives to rice.
For a change, why not serve your saucy chicken tikka with celeriac chips? Or try pimping our cassava wraps with some more melted ghee, fresh garlic and coriander before grilling for a homemade Low Carb naan!
Hunter & Gather Pure Butter Organic Ghee
Ghee is a type of clarified butter which is an essential ingredient in traditional curry recipes.
It is used in place of cooking oils and has a higher smoke point compared with butter, at around 250C compared with 150C. This means it can be used in high heat cooking, bringing the nutty and rich flavour of butter to meals without burning.
Nutritional info (per serving):
Of which saturates: 11.9g
Of which sugar: 3.1g
What you need (ingredients):
- 350g diced free range chicken
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Organic Ghee
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 235ml tomato passata
- 235ml coconut milk
- 150g full fat greek yogurt
What you do (method):
- To start, toss the chicken pieces with the dried spices and set aside
- Next, heat a large skillet or dutch oven to medium high heat, add the Hunter & Gather Ghee and once melted add the garlic, chicken and spices - sauté until golden brown
- Add the passata and coconut milk, bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to medium/low - then leave to cook for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce appears thickened and the chicken is cooked through
- Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt until rich and creamy, then serve up and enjoy!