Caramelised on the outside, juicy and flavoursome in the middle - who doesn't love a barbecue lamb kofta?
Grass Fed Lamb Koftas 🌱
Koftas just scream barbecue season. Most of us buy them prepared, ready to toss onto the hot grill, but it's super simple to make your own koftas from scratch.
All you need is some quality Grass Fed lamb mince, herbs, spices and something to bind them all together - such as our Classic Avo Oil Mayonnaise.
Form your koftas into sausage like patties wrapped tightly around individual skewers. Then cook for no more than 10 minutes for BBQ perfection.
Summer Sides to Serve Your Koftas With 🥗
Koftas are ideal for handing out at your next summer barbecue, before whacking another batch onto the grill!
They're perfect as they are but also make a great addition to summer salads & sides for some added protein.
Here are some of our favourite dishes to enjoy homemade lamb koftas with.
And here is the recipe for your Grass Fed lamb koftas!
Nutritional info (per serving*):
Of which saturates: 10.4g
Of which sugar: 0g
*Macros, in particular fat, will vary significantly depending on the fat content of the mince
What you need (ingredients):
- 500g Grass Fed lamb mince
- 2 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil Mayonnaise (choose your favourite flavour)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint (or 2 teaspoons dried mint)
- 2 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil
What you do (method):
- Combine all of the ingredients aside from the avocado oil in a large bowl, mixing with a fork or your hands until everything is combined
- Divide the mixture into 8 evenly sized portions, before forming into kofta shapes around 8 skewers (be sure to soak wooden skewers in water beforehand, to prevent them from burning)
- Cook at a medium-high heat - either on the barbecue, grill or in a hot skillet - for 3-4 minutes per side until browned and cooked through
- Serve with a side salad and a sauce of your choosing - lamb koftas work perfectly with our "everything" sauce!"