Succulent garlic marinated chicken thighs with a crispy prosciutto topping - meet your new favourite midweek meal.
What is prosciutto and how do you cook with it?
Prosciutto is a type of uncooked, unsmoked and dry-cured ham which originates from Italy.
There are many different variations but most are very thinly sliced and eaten raw, with the dry cure process making it safe to do so.
One of the most prized varieties is prosciutto di parma - which comes from an area of Italy with distinct characteristics that make the meat incredibly sweet.
Due to its thin slices and marbling of fat, prosciutto is an ideal ham for using in cooking - as its fat renders down to keep dishes moist, which also results in a crispy and super tasty cooked prosciutto.
Hunter & Gather Garlic Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
Our Garlic Avocado Oil Mayonnaise is the first in the UK to be made with 100% avocado oil.
That is because vegetable and seed oils are far more accessible as well as significantly cheaper - but here's the thing, they are nowhere near as nutritious or tasty as avocado oil.
Our Garlic Mayo has just 5 simple, natural ingredients: avocado oil (8 avos per jar), free-range egg yolk, apple cider vinegar, garlic and lemon. It's seasoned to perfection with Himalayan salt and cracked black pepper.
The result is a silky smooth mayo that's packed with flavour as well as healthy fats and nutrients - it's also free from the harmful additives and artificial chemical preservatives you'll find in supermarket mayos!
As well as dolloping and dunking, you can also use our garlic avocado mayo as a ready to use meaty marinade - just like in this recipe.
Keto friendly serving suggestions to accompany your garlic mayo prosciutto wrapped chicken thighs
Our garlic mayo prosciutto wrapped chicken thighs will be the main attraction of any plate, but there are lots of great side dishes you can also enjoy alongside - to really make a meal of it!
Here are some of our favourite Low Carb, Keto friendly sides to serve up with your succulent, juicy and crispy chicken thighs!
Hungry? Here's the recipe!
Nutritional info (per serving):
Of which saturates: 2.4g
Of which sugar: 0.5g
*Per serving of 1 chicken thigh and 1 slice of prosciutto
What you need (ingredients):
- 500g Organic chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Garlic Mayo
- 4 slices Organic prosciutto
- Pink Salt
- Sprigs of fresh thyme
What you do (method):
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Take your chicken thighs and spread a thick layer of garlic mayo over each one, before sprinkling with salt and fresh thyme
- Wrap each chicken thigh in a slice of prosciutto, tucking the edges under the chicken thigh to wrap it tightly
- Heat a large, oven-safe skillet to a medium/high heat and sear each piece of chicken on either side for 2-3 minutes, or until the prosciutto is crispy
- Place the entire pan in the oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken is piping hot and cooked throughout
- Serve up with an extra dollop of garlic mayo, your favourite Keto sides and then enjoy!