Keto friendly, low carb and gluten free - not to mention super crunchy and extra cheesy. Make these just before serving, so that there's some left for your guests!
Gluten free & Keto friendly breadsticks
Breadsticks are a favourite at parties, ideal for dunking and munching on between conversations.
But store bought breadsticks are almost always made using grains, seed oils and artificial ingredients. What's more, most are also bland, flavourless and far from fresh.
They might not be something which you usually make from scratch, but with a recipe this quick and easy homemade breadsticks will soon become your speciality.
Made with almond flour, cheese, butter and added Hunter & Gather Collagen Peptides - our cheesy pesto breadsticks are perfect for Keto, Low Carb and Gluten Free lifestyles.
Homemade Keto pesto recipe
Pesto is something else which you may buy readymade, but again - its super simple to make yourself and well worth the effort, especially as most store bought peto contains seed or vegetable oils.
This basil pesto recipe is Keto & Paleo friendly, made using Hunter & Gather Cold Pressed Avocado Oil. Together with garlic, walnuts, parmesan, lemon and - of course - heaps of fresh basil, you'll be dolloping your homemade pesto onto everything you eat.
What can I serve my breadsticks with?
Your cheesy pesto breadsticks will make the perfect appetiser at your next get together with friends or family. Serve in a tall glass jar and provide a selection of dips nearby for dunking.
Nutritional info (per serving of 1 breadstick):
Of which saturates: 4.5g
Of which sugar: 0.5g
What you need (ingredients):
- 50g almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Collagen Peptides
- 1 free range egg (beaten)
- 175g grated mozzarella
- ½ teaspoon Pink salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (Grain-Free)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 batch of Hunter & Gather basil pesto (recipe here)
What you do (method):
- Preheat the oven to 175C and prepare a baking tray by lining with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, collagen, salt and baking powder - whisking until well combined
- Add the butter and mozzarella to another bowl and melt in the microwave - heating in 30 second increments and stirring after each until a smooth batter forms (this way takes some good stirring, but it can also be done in a pot on the stove!)
- Allow the cheese and butter to cool for 5 minutes or so before adding to the dry mixture
- Crack the egg into the same bowl and mix everything together, using your hands or a wooden spoon until a thick dough forms
- Cut another 2 pieces of parchment paper, lay one piece down and place the dough on top - then cover with the other piece of parchment and use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a thin rectangle
- Spread the rectangle with a layer of pesto and use a knife or pizza cutter to slice the dough into 12 thin strips
- Pick up each strip by both ends and twist to form a breadstick/twist before placing onto the prepared baking sheet (leave a bit of space between each one as they do spread a bit during cooking)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden browned and crisp
- Enjoy with extra pesto or Hunter & Gather Ketchup for dipping