Crispy, gooey, melty, ranch-y halloumi served with an extra glug of ranch dressing - yes please!
The perfect lunch, brunch or Keto friendly snack
Halloumi is a Cypriot cheese usually made with a mixture of sheep's and goat's milk.
It comes in a block which is relatively bland and flavourless, but given some high heat on a griddle pan it quickly transforms into rich, tasty cheese that's crispy on the outside and melting in the middle.
Halloumi is Low Carb and High Fat, with this recipe providing 14.1g fat and just 0.5g carbs per serving. So it's perfect to enjoy as part of your Keto, low carb or healthier lifestyle.
Enjoy as it is for a super satisfying lunch, brunch or snack - or serve up as a side dish to accompany your favourite mains.
Here are a few of our favourites dishes to enjoy our Ranch Grilled Halloumi with.
Or if you have any leftover cheese, why not try our Keto Halloumi Fry recipe too?
Hunter & Gather Olive Oil Ranch Dressing
Our Ranch Dressing is made with 100% olive oil and no inflammatory veg or seed oils.
Olive oil is an amazing healthy fat that's great for your heart and provides a rich source of monounsaturated fats such as oleic acid.
It also tastes amazing, especially when made into a delicious dressing with all natural ingredients.
Marinate your halloumi in our ready to use ranch dressing and prepare for it to soak up all of that amazing flavour.
Here's the recipe.
Nutritional info (per serving)*:
Of which saturates: 5.5g
Of which sugar: 0.3g
*Per serving with excess dressing shaken off before frying and 1 tablespoon dipping sauce
What you need (ingredients):
- 1 block of Halloumi cheese
- 1 bottle of Hunter & Gather Ranch Dressing
- Spoonful of Hunter & Gather Ghee for frying
What you do (method):
- Slice the halloumi to your desired level of thickness - thick enough to hold it’s shape, but thin enough to warm through in a few minutes!
- Add the halloumi to a bag, food storage container or a bowl and pour over half the bottle of Hunter & Gather Ranch Dressing - leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes, but up to overnight
- Heat a large skillet to a medium heat and add your ghee for frying. Then take each piece of halloumi and shake to remove any excess dressing before placing in the pan
- Grill for 3 minutes or until golden brown, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side
- Serve the warm, crispy halloumi with extra ranch dressing for dipping!