Cheesy egg waffles with crispy bacon, a runny yolk fried egg and a dollop of unsweetened ketchup - we've reached breakfast perfection!
A dollop of goodness, with no added sugar or dates! 🍅
In our humble opinion, you can't have a breakfast sandwich without ketchup!
But when you've gone to the effort of making your breakfast from scratch, with nutritious ingredients and nothing that's going to do you more harm than good - why spoil that with sugar-laden ketchup?
Hunter & Gather Classic Tomato Ketchup is completely natural and made with Organic and perfectly ripe tomatoes plus no dates, fruit syrups or sweeteners - it is the UK's first unsweetened ketchup.
Add the desired amount to your breakfast sandwich for a healthier ketchup that's guilt-free, next level in flavour and finger-licking good!
We hate to waffle on, but these are really good! 🧇
Making your own waffles with free range eggs and grated cheese is a great way to replace carb-heavy breakfast options like toast and cereals.
Instead, you get a fresh waffle that's high in protein and contains no nasty added preservatives or unnatural ingredients.
Our homemade waffles also taste incredible. All you need is a waffle iron, some cheese and eggs - then cook and enjoy with your usual savoury breakfast option.
These waffles work perfectly with crispy bacon and a fried egg with a signature runny yolk! Here's the recipe.
Nutritional info (per serving*):
- Calories: 702
- Fat: 54.3g
- Of which saturates: 27.9g
- Carbohydrate: 8.4g
- Of which sugar: 3.8g
- Protein: 43.3g
*One serving = half the recipe
What you need (ingredients):
- 2 free range eggs (raw)
- 80g cheddar cheese
- 3 slices of streaky bacon, cooked
- 1 fried egg
- Hunter & Gather Tomato Ketchup
What you do (method):
- Preheat your waffle iron to a medium heat (the size of the waffles and how many sandwiches this makes will depend entirely on the waffle iron you use!)
- Next, in a small bowl whisk together the 2 fresh eggs and grated cheddar cheese
- Once the waffle iron is hot, add the batter to the fill level and close
- Allow the waffles to cook until crispy and brown - turning every minute or so for an even cook
- Flip your waffles out of the iron onto a wire rack, allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before assembling your breakfast sandwich
- Top one waffle with bacon, an egg and ketchup before placing the other waffle on top - then tuck in!