What's a meatza? A meat pizza of course! Grain-free, packed with protein and amazingly delicious.
Why would you use meat as a pizza base? 🥩
We all deserve to treat ourselves to our favourite food every now and then, but getting your pizza fix doesn't have to come at a cost to your health.
What if we told you that pizza can be grain-free, gluten-free, low carb, Keto friendly and minimally processed?
All you need to do is swap out the usual bread base for some nutritious, Organic mince. This recipe uses turkey, but you could always use beef or pork as an alternative.
Once seasoned, you can top your meat base with your usual favourite pizza toppings - which brings us nicely on to our next point!
Low Carb & Keto friendly pizza toppings 🍕
In this recipe, we top our meatza with the classic combination of tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, Italian herbs and basil. It's simple but super delicious - especially when accompanying a meat base.
However, if you're feeling adventurous or want to bring more flavours to the table you can always experiment. Here are some of our favourite meatza toppings.
🔥 BBQ Chicken - Switch out the ketchup for Unsweetened Barbecue Sauce, top with sliced red onion and shredded chicken
🌶 Spicy Mexican - Season your meat base with chilli powder and paprika, top with a generous dollop of Unsweetened Spicy Chipotle ketchup and finish with diced bell pepper, tomato and fresh chillies
Whichever you choose, top with mozzarella and basil for an authentic finish!
Hunter & Gather Unsweetened Sauces 🍅
Our unsweetened sauces are your favourite condiments with a real food upgrade. Made with perfectly ripe Organic Italian tomatoes, natural seasonings and zero preservatives - we use only real ingredients.
With no hidden nasties and less than 1g carb per serving, you get the authentic ketchup taste you know and love but without any added sugar, sweeteners or chemicals.
You can use our unsweetened sauces for dolloping, dunking or even as a meaty marinade. They're also a great replacement for sauces in recipes such as this one, to keep it natural, Low Carb and Keto friendly.
Here's the recipe, enjoy your meatza!
Nutrition info (per serving):
Of which saturates: 3.4g
Of which sugar: 2.1g
What you need (ingredients):
- 500g Organic turkey mince
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ bottle Hunter & Gather Classic Ketchup
- 1 block of firm mozzarella cheese
- Basil (Optional) for decoration
What you do (method):
- Begin by preheating your oven to 210C and cutting 2 large pieces of parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the turkey mince, spices and salt
- Place one piece of parchment onto a baking sheet and pile the meat mixture into the centre
- Next, place the other piece of parchment on top of the meat mixture and use a rolling pin to roll the “base” into a thin pizza shape, before removing the top piece of parchment
- Place the meat base into the oven and bake for 15 minutes
- Remove from the oven and top with the ketchup and cheese, then it is back into the oven to bake for an additional 15 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow the meatza to stand for 5 minutes or so before slicing and serving!