A quick and easy 5 minute summer salad recipe with a creamy egg free basil pesto mayo dressing.
Meet your new favourite summer salad
You can't get simpler or easier than this cucumber salad, but it still delivers on flavour and satisfaction.
Cucumber is the perfect base for any summer salad as it's light and refreshing as well as super hydrating.
Paired with fiery red onion, zesty lemon and a creamy cool dressing - our cucumber salad is the ideal accompaniment to some our our favourite summer recipes.
What to serve your Keto cucumber salad with
You can enjoy your cucumber salad as it is for a light lunch, brunch or mid-afternoon snack.
We also love to serve it up in the centre of the table alongside our favourite mains.
It makes a great Low Carb alternative to other popular side dishes such as chips, potatoes and bread.
Here are some of our favourite meals to enjoy this cucumber salad with.
Hunter & Gather Egg Free Basil Pesto Mayo
Our Egg Free Basil Pesto Mayo is made with 100% natural ingredients including extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, basil, garlic, pine nuts and seasonings.
It's free from the top 14 allergens including eggs and is also plant-based, gluten-free and soy-free.
You can dollop a spoonful onto almost any meal for a delicious boost of healthy fats. Our basil and pesto mayo is also great for making sauces and dressings, just like this one.
Here's the recipe.
Nutritional info (per serving*):
Of which saturates: 0.5g
Of which sugar: 1.3g
*Per serving with 6 servings made
What you need (ingredients):
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 230g Hunter & Gather Egg Free Basil Pesto Mayo
- 80g yoghurt or sour cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Chopped chives
- Sliced lemon
What you do (method):
- In a medium sized bowl, add the Egg Free Mayo, yoghurt / sour cream, lemon juice and salt, then whisk until combined
- Add the thinly sliced cucumber and red onion to a large bowl, followed by the dressing and toss until everything is evenly coated
- Top with chives and lemon slices, then serve!