Rich and creamy cauliflower cheese oven baked to perfection, made with Organic pure butter ghee.
The Ultimate Comfort Food, Cauliflower Cheese 😋
Cauliflower cheese is a Sunday roast family favourite - and made using our recipe is worthy of a space on your Christmas dinner table too!
Earthy baked cauliflower in a rich and creamy cheese sauce made with sharp cheddar - and a secret sprinkle of chilli flakes.
This dish is a warm, comforting hug from within that might just be the best part of your roast - second only to perfectly cooked, juicy meat!
Hunter & Gather Organic Ghee 🧈
Our Pure Butter Organic Ghee is a great alternative to vegetable and seeds oils, for a fabulous fat that's as good for you as it tastes.
It's perfect for high heat cooking in recipes such as this one and also adds a rich but delicate buttery flavour.
Here are some of our favourite recipes made using ghee:
And of course, that includes this recipe too! Here it is.
Cauliflower Cheese Recipe
Nutritional info (per serving):
Of which saturates: 17.7g
Carbohydrate: 4.0g (net carbs)
Of which sugar: 4.4g
What you need (ingredients):
- 1 medium or large head of cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Organic Ghee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 250g grated cheddar
- 200ml whole milk
- 70ml double cream
What you do (method):
- Preheat the oven to 200C and grab a baking dish
- Prepare the cauliflower by cutting off the stem and removing the leaves, then place the entire head of cauliflower in the centre of the dish
- Spread ghee over the surface of the cauliflower and sprinkle with salt and chilli flakes, before adding to the preheated oven and baking for 45 minutes
- Whilst the cauliflower is baking, prepare the cheese sauce by adding the milk and cream to a pan and bringing to a simmer over a medium heat
- Once simmering, turn off the heat and whisk all of the cheese into the sauce until it is completely smooth
- When fully baked, remove the cauliflower from the oven and slowly pour the cheese sauce over the top
- Return the cauliflower to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes more until it’s golden brown
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, before slicing the cauliflower into wedges and serving with the cheese sauce poured over the top - generously!