Our cookie bites are the perfect snack to enjoy on the go, for a natural energy boost that's ready when you are.
Low Carb & Gluten-Free Energy Bites 😋
These are super delicious and perfect for batch preparing for a busy week ahead!
We use almond flour, cashew butter and collagen peptides - to create a delicious cookie dough texture.
With added dark chocolate chips, coconut shavings and cinnamon, they're the perfect snack to keep you optimally fuelled and naturally energised.
Add Hunter & Gather Collagen Peptides 🥄
Collagen peptides are the perfect addition to your homemade healthy snacks, to add a boost of protein and for benefits such as better gut health and great skin.
Making your own snacks also means that you can use all natural ingredients, and swerve any unwanted artificial preservatives.
We love adding a scoop of collagen to almost any healthy meal, drink or snack. You can learn all about its amazing benefits in our guest post by functional nutritionist Pauline Cox below.
And here's the recipe.
Nutritional info (per serving*):
Of which saturates: 3.9g
Of which sugars: 1.1g
*Per 1 serving with no added sweetener
What you need (ingredients):
- 150g cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50g almond flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Collagen Peptides (or more, if desired)
- 50g chopped dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons coconut chips
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, honey or an alternative Keto liquid sweetener
What you do (method):
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cashew butter, vanilla extract and sweetener (if using) - stirring until well combined
- Add the almond flour, cinnamon, collagen and sea salt to the wet mixture - work the dry ingredients into the wet until a cookie dough like texture is achieved
- Next add the chopped chocolate and coconut chips, using your hands to fold and mix the dough to evenly distribute the chocolate and coconut
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to divide the dough into 12 evenly sized balls
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and then enjoy!
Leftovers (if you're lucky!) should be stored in the fridge in an airtight container and will last 4-5 days.