A grain-free crusted salmon recipe that uses avocado oil mayo, nuts and herbs to make a delicious crunchy salmon topping
What should I look out for when buying salmon?
When buying salmon, we look for wild-caught salmon and a nice rich orangey pink colour.
Where can you get wild-caught salmon from?You may be surprised but you can find wild caught, sustainably sourced Salmon in your local supermarkets. Alternatively, there are a number of great suppliers available online too.
Can I do this recipe with a different piece of fish?Yes, you can! This recipe is great for using on top of any fish to make a delicious crisp topping.
What You Need (Ingredients):
- 450-500 grams wild-caught salmon
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Hunter and Gather Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- 100 grams chopped pecans
- Pink Himalayan Salt + Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- Optional: Fresh thyme for garnish
What You Do (Method):
- Preheat an oven to 200c. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and add the salmon, skin side down. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard and mayonnaise. Spread a generous layer over the top of the fish.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the mustard and mayonnaise layer. Press down slightly to stick. Ensure that you cover the entire salmon side.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through. Garnish with fresh thyme if desired.