Level up your lunch with our quick, easy and foolproof DIY lunch box guide
It's time to start building your own Low Carb lunch boxes - here's why! 👇
Lunchtime calls for a nourishing and satisfying meal to help you recover from a busy morning - as well as fuel you through the midafternoon slump. That's no mean feat!
It's all too easy to grab something on the move - whether from a cafe or supermarket, but these options don't always cut the mustard.
Here are just some of the reasons why making your own lunch box at home is a much better idea:
- Choose what you love - animal proteins, low carb veggies & sugar-free snacks
- Avoid what you don't love - grains, gluten, seed oils & artificial ingredients
- Lunch nature's way - 100% natural ingredients - not a processed product in sight
- Fresh & flavoursome - not bland and packed with preservatives
- Save your hard-earned cash - avoid the price premium of supermarkets and cafes
- Eat sustainably - reuse your lunch box & cutlery, choose sustainable ingredients and eliminate air miles too
Delicious & nutritious - give your body the nutrients it needs to thrive (and your whole family's too)
Mix & Match Low Carb Friendly Ingredients 🥒
It couldn't be easier to build your own Low Carb lunch box - just start out with some staple ingredients, let's take a look!
Choose one or more ingredients from each of the following categories to start building your lunch box.
- Lemon poppyseed chicken salad
- Devilled Eggs like these truffle eggs or these dill stuffed eggs
- Tunacado salad if you love fish
- Biltong for a protein packed snack
- Hard boiled eggs
- Low Carb Vegetables
- Nuts & Seeds
- Brazil nuts
- Macadamia nuts
- Goat's cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Sauces & Condiments
- Low Carb Caprese Salad (recipe below!)
How to Build Your Lunch Box 🍱
To build your lunchbox, simply pick and choose an assortment of the above ingredients with a major focus on fats and protein along with smaller portions of vegetables, fruits and sauces.
Choosing a handful of each food and a generous dollop of Hunter & Gather condiments is a great way to assemble a lunch box that is packed with protein, healthy fats, fibre, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Here are some top tips to take your lunch box to the next level too!
👉 Opt for reusable cling wrap and paper muffin cases over single use cling film & tin foil
👉 Throw your Organ Capsules into your lunch box to build a healthy habit and make sure you never miss your supplements
👉 You can also batch prepare lots of ingredients and portion them up every morning, which is a great idea if you're feeding a hungry family!
Low Carb Caprese Salad Recipe 🍅
Caprese salad is a classic Italian salad which is usually made with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, olive oil and basil.
It couldn't simpler or more delicious, and is naturally Low Carb and Keto friendly. So a portion of Caprese salad will make a great addition to your DIY lunch boxes. Here's the recipe.
Nutritional info (per serving*):
Of which Saturates: 7.7g
Of which sugar: 1.3g
*Per serving with 1 tablespoon homemade pesto
What you need (ingredients):
- 50g Organic cherry tomatoes
- 50g mozzarella pearls (or torn mozzarella)
- 1-2 tablespoons homemade pesto
What you do (method):
- Simply mix everything together in a small bowl, then your Caprese salad is ready to add to your lunchbox!