KETO & PALEO EGG MUFFIN BITES WITH VEGGIES, BACON AND AVOCADO OIL
These egg muffin bites are extremely versatile and can be enjoyed as a light meal, side dish or healthy breakfast. They're also ideal for snacking on the go and can be batch-cooked and prepared in advance. These egg muffin bites are high in protein, low in carbs, super easy to make and incredibly delicious!
Can I Use Other Meats in this Recipe?
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can take pretty much any leftover meat and veggies you have sitting in the fridge and give them a new lease of life!
Most meats will work in this recipe if they are diced finely, we would recommend bacon and shredded chicken. You could also use flaked wild caught salmon which works well too if you enjoy fish!
What are the Benefits of Coconut Milk?
Coconut milk is lower in carbs and higher in fat than most other milks. It is a good alternative to dairy milk and is suitable for those with nut allergies. Coconut milk is also great source of vitamin A, vitamin D, calcium and healthy fats. Be sure to choose full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk to get the most of these essential nutrients and avoid added sugars.
Did you know that Hunter & Gather MCT Oil is 100% coconut derived? It harnesses the goodness of the healthy fats found in coconuts so that you can easily add them to your food and drinks daily. Our MCT oil is ideal for Keto & Paleo lifestyles! Learn more about the benefits of MCT oil in the article below.
Can I Make My Egg Muffin Bites in Advance?
You sure can! Once your egg muffin bites are cooked, allow them to cool and transfer to an airtight container, using kitchen paper to separate layers. They will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days and are super handy for grabbing for when you're on the go!
Nutritional Info (per serving - 3 muffin bites):
Of which saturates: 10.9g
Of which sugars: 3.9g
What You Need (Ingredients):
- 10 medium free range eggs
- 2 tablespoons Hunter and Gather Avocado Oil
- 250g bacon cubed
- 150g chopped veggies of choice (we used kale, onion and green pepper)
- 100ml full fat coconut milk
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt
What You Do (Method):
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Wipe down a 12-cup muffin tin with a thick layer of Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil using some kitchen paper
- Evenly divide the chopped meat and veggies among the muffin cups
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk and salt until you have a consistent mixture that's an even colour
- Pour the egg mixture over the fillings in each cup until full
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the egg cups are set in the middle
- Leave to cool in the tray before running a knife around the edge to remove
- Serve with a generous dollop of Avocado Oil Mayonnaise or Unsweetened Ketchup!
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.