CRISPY BACON, FREE RANGE EGGS, SILKY AVOCADO & 100% AVOCADO OIL RANCH DRESSING. THIS IS NOT YOUR AVERAGE SALAD!
If you thought salad was for side dishes and slimmers then guess again! Our Keto Cobb salad is packed with protein and healthy fats to keep you fuelled, nourished and satisfied! Dressed in our 100% Avocado Oil Ranch Dressing, it's as good for you as its looks and perfect for al fresco dining on a hot summer's day!
WHAT IS A COBB SALAD?
Cobb salad is a classic American chopped salad dish which takes its name from the owner of the restaurant it became a signature dish at - Robert Cobb!
There are many variations but traditional Cobb salads are made with lettuce, tomatoes, crispy bacon, hard-boiled eggs, avocado and cheese, all well-dressed in a salad dressing or vinaigrette.
WHAT IS RANCH DRESSING?
Ranch dressing is also American in origin and is a creamy salad dressing usually made with buttermilk, oil, herbs and seasonings.
Like mayonnaise, the main ingredient in ranch dressing is oil - so which oil is used has a big impact on the overall nutritional profile and healthiness of the ranch dressing!
HUNTER & GATHER 100% AVOCADO OIL RANCH DRESSING
We love coming up with new salad recipes and over the years have experimented with heaps of different homemade dressings, after all nobody likes a dry salad!
You can buy ranch dressing in the supermarket but they are made using veg or seed oils - making them a no-go for Keto & Paleo lifestyles, or anyone in the pursuit of optimal health!
So, we decided we would create our own salad dressing made using 100% avocado oil, to share with our fellow real food enthusiasts who never put convenience over health!
And so Hunter & Gather 100% Avocado Oil Dressing was born...
NUTRITIONAL INFO (PER SERVING):
Of which saturates: 6.8g
Of which Sugar: 3.6g
INGREDIENTS (WHAT YOU NEED):
- 1 head cos or sweet gem lettuce, washed and shredded
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- 6 rashers of streaky bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced or cubed
- 80g full fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 lemon
- Himalayan salt & cracked black pepper
- Hunter and Gather 100% Avocado Oil Ranch Dressing
METHOD (WHAT YOU DO):
- Begin by preparing all the ingredients; grilling the bacon for 10 minutes, boiling the eggs for 6-8 minutes and chopping your salas
- Next, in a large bowl or on a large platter, begin assembling the Cobb salad using the lettuce as a base
- Add the bacon and onion, toss if desired
- Arrange the hardboiled eggs, feta and avocado on top of the salad, or toss to mix in if you prefer - squeeze the lemon juice over the avocado to preserve its colour
- Season the whole salad with salt and pepper to taste and serve with a generous drizzle of Hunter and Gather Ranch Dressing
If you have company or are serving your Cobb salad as a centrepiece, go ahead and arrange it all fancy as we have here. But if you just to enjoy a delicious and nutritious salad without the fuss - toss it all together to get a piece of everything in each bite!