These delicious gingerbread bites will be the perfect addition to your Keto Christmas table - ideal for serving after your turkey dinner as a healthy but satisfying dessert!
Keto friendly Christmas dessert recipe
With less than 1g sugar per serving, these gingerbread bites are ideal for providing a Keto friendly dessert option at Christmas or New Year.
They're made using all natural ingredients with a special blend of spices to provide that unmistakable gingerbread flavour.
As we use almond flour in this recipe, our gingerbread bites are gluten and grain-free.
Serve with a drizzle of melted dark chocolate, a sprinkle of coarse sea salt and some gold leaf for some extra festive pizzaz!
Hunter & Gather Collagen Peptides
Collagen peptides are used in this recipe to add a source of protein which is usually lacking in baking and sweet treats.
You can add a scoop at the start with the rest of your ingredients. Hunter & Gather Collagen Peptides are neutral in flavour and are easily added to recipes such as this for a boost of quality protein.
Learn more about the benefits of collagen for your Keto or Paleo lifestyle in our articles below.
Can I make these in advance?
Yes! You can make your Keto gingerbread bites in advance for a quick and easy dessert that's ready to go when you are.
Simply follow steps 1-3 and then cover your gingerbread bites before placing in the fridge.
When you're ready to serve, take your bites out of the fridge and allow to come up to room temperature before enjoying.
Finish with a drizzle of melted chocolate and a sprinkle of coarse sea salt for a showstopper dessert!
Here's the recipe.
Nutritional info (per ball*):
- Calories: 100
- Fat: 7.9g
- Of which saturates: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 1.2g
- Of which sugar: 0.6g
- Protein: 6.1g
*Per serving without honey or the additional toppings
What you need (ingredients):
- 120g almond butter
- 2 tablespoons honey (or skip the honey and use 2 extra tablespoons of almond butter for Keto)
- 50g almond flour
- 3 servings Hunter & Gather Collagen Peptides
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ginger ground
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Dark chocolate (we use 100%)
- Sea salt
What you do (method):
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond butter and honey (if using) until thoroughly combined
- Add the almond flour, collagen, spices and salt, mixing once more until well combined - this will take a bit of work, but it WILL come together so don’t be tempted to add more liquid!
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop a golf ball sized amount of mixture and roll between your hands to smooth into even sized balls
- If desired, drizzle with optional melted dark chocolate and top with sea salt! For an extra festive flair why not go decadent with some edible gold leaf?