One Pan Paleo Dinner Recipe with Beef Mince and Sweet Potato
An easy Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free skillet recipe that is simple, delicious and perfect for batch cooking
Wouldn't life be awesome if after a long day you could just reheat dinner for the entire family that is still healthy, tasty, and Grain-free?
This one pan, batch cook meal is super easy and can be portioned into lunch trays, or frozen for a mid-week dinner when you really just do not have the time to go full Nigella in the kitchen.
Why would I want to batch cook?
Why would you not? You can save money and time by batch cooking at home. Especially, if you have some spare time of a weekend or you feel like a productive cooking day. Keep your eyes peeled for bargains in the supermarket or use up any vegetables or meat that is going to go out of date. You can cook up a batch and store ready to cook meals in the freezer.
This is perfect if you have a busy home life, or children that need a meal whipped up in seconds because they forgot that they need to Video call a friend to go through their homework. Life can throw up lots of curveballs and by having some healthy meals prepared and frozen - you can quickly have a tasty healthy meal ready in no time without calling up Deliveroo or your local takeaway.
Some other recipes we recommend for batch cooking:
Can I freeze this meal?
Yes, you can cook a big batch and freeze - we recommend ensuring that you clearly label all meals you freeze with Allergens, the date it was made, and also a heading of what the meal is (i.e Beef Mince and Sweet Potato).
Can I make this recipe with lamb mince?
Yes, you can make this recipe with any mince you like such as turkey, chicken or even buffalo. You could also consider adding some organ meats too really get a nutrient-dense meal.
One Pan Beef Mince & Sweet Potato
Paleo & Whole 30
What you need (Ingredients):
- 2 tablespoons Hunter and Gather Avocado Oil
- 2 chopped large sweet potatoes
- 450g ground meat – pork, beef, turkey or chicken
- 4 large handfuls of greens – kale, spinach, chard, etc.
- 150 mls bone broth or water
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder or onion powder
Optional toppings: Hunter and Gather Garlic Mayonnaise, avocado, a fried egg
What You Do (Method):
- Heat a large skillet on the stove to medium/high heat. Add the Hunter and Gather Avocado Oil.
- Cook the ground meat in the skillet, breaking it up, until all of the meat is browned. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
- Add the chopped potatoes to the pan along with the bone broth or water. Turn the heat down to medium/low and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Add the meat back to the skillet along with the salt, pepper and onion or garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Lastly, add the kale or other greens on top of the potato/meat mixture. Cover the pan again for 2-3 minutes or until the greens are wilted from the steam.
- Stir everything together and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Taste and add more salt if needed and serve!
- Option to top with Hunter and Gather Avocado Oil Garlic Mayonnaise or other suggested toppings.
To freeze, allow to cool first, portion, and put into the freezer (clearly labeled).
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
A Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Ketogenic, Dairy-Free Cookie Dough Bites Recipe that is no-bake and easy to make!
What did the cheese say to itself in the mirror? "Hallou - Mee" ... get it?
Ok, enough of the cheesy jokes but in all seriousness, these grain-free cheese fries are the absolute family crowd-pleaser. Creamy, delicious and perfect dunked with some avocado oil mayonnaise - yum!