Giant one pan Omelete that is Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-Free and Low Carb for at-home freezing.
We understand that batch cooking can save so much time! It is also a great way to ensure you always have something quick and easy to reheat to avoid snacking on sugary foods that jump on you in the queue for the petrol station, supermarket, corner shop, and even in some clothes stores now! What's that about - chocolate or sweets at the tills - yikes!
This one-pan frittata recipe is perfect for lunches, dinners or snacks on the go. It can also be reheated or eaten cold for a filling low carb snack on the go.
What is a Frittata and how can you ensure it is suitable for the Keto diet?
A frittata is an egg-based dish that comes from Italy. It is similar to a spanish omelet however it does not contain potato. A frittata is normally deeper than an omelet and has added ingredients like meats, cheese or vegetables.
If making your own at home, you can also experiment with adding keto-friendly meats (choose grass-fed/pasture for life where possible), low carb veggies and cheese (to increase the fat content).
If shopping for a premade frittata be sure to check the ingredients for added refined sugars, seed/vegetable oils or high carb vegetables like white potato.
What is the best pan to use for making Keto Frittatas?
We recommend that you use a metal skillet pan, that can also be used in the oven. We keep our pans in top condition by oiling the pans with avocado oil, tallow or animal fats before use.
Can you freeze a homemade frittata?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe. We recommend cutting into snack size pieces first (especially for young children) and you can pop them in your lunch bag frozen and they will have fully thawed by the time you get to lunch, whilst also helping to keep the rest of your food cool at the same time.
What eggs should I use when making an omelet or this Keto recipe?
We are big advocates of using British Free Range eggs from happy, healthy hens. This is what we use in our in our Egg-based mayos. We would recommend Red Lion approved eggs from Organic or Free Range farms.
What other recipes can I batch cook that are also Keto friendly or Low carb?
Check out the following recipes for some batch cooking inspiration:
Paleo, Keto, low Carb, Gluten Free and Refined Sugar Free
What You Need (Ingredients):
- 2 tablespoons Hunter and Gather Avocado Oil
- 2 large onions
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt or Pink Salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 large eggs
- 60 grams Hunter and Gather Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
What You Do (Method):
- Preheat the oven to 350f or 175c.
- Place an oven safe skillet or pan stovetop and heat to medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of Hunter and Gather Avocado Oil.
- Slice the two onions into halfmoon shapes and add to the skillet. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt over the onions and stir.
- Cook the onions, gently, for 10-15 minutes until they are tender and golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, nutmeg, additional teaspoon of salt and Hunter and Gather Avocado Oil Mayonnaise until they are one, even mixture.
- Remove the pan of onions off of the heat. Pour the egg mixture over the onions and place the pan into the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the middle of the frittata is set and the eggs are lightly golden brown on top.
- Serve with a side salad or a delicious dollop of coconut yoghurt on top.
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.