REFINED SUGAR FREE
GLUTEN & GRAIN FREE
SEED & VEG OIL FREE
Why Not Subscribe & Save
10% Off Every Order
You are in control
The most asked questions!
Answers to some of the most asked questions that we think you will find useful 🙌🏼I've got more questions!
How do you make your Extra Virgin Avocado Oil?
The green nutient dense flesh of prefectly ripe, undamaged avocados is simply cold pressed to remove the oil. This means absolutely no solvents, chemicals, heat or steam is ever used when pressing our avocado oil.
Is your Avocado Oil certified organic?
Whilst we do not have organic certification, avocados themselves are the cleanest produce in the world topping the Clean 15 list.
As such, you may well be paying more for an Organic bottle of avocado oil, when it isn't necessary.
Our avocado oil is routinely tested for pesticide residue and we know that our farmers do not use chemical fertilisers or pesticides.
The thick skin of the Hass avocado protects the fruit from insects and also pesticide residue (in the event pesticide was used) meaning that it does not make its way into the fruit and oil itself.
Why does your Avocado Oil taste so different to others in the shops that taste bitter and like medicine?
Yes. Hunter & Gather Cold Pressed Extra Virign Avocado Oil really does taste different to the rest.
We’ve won two Great Taste awards in 2018 and 2019 (we didn’t enter 2020)...
In short, it’s because of the attention to detail our team show during the entire process from picking the avocados to getting the oil to your plate.
- From the moment the avocados are collected, they are stored out of the sun on the way to the mill.
- The fruit is hand sorted to remove any defective and damaged fruit (very few other companies do this!).
- All fruit is kept at a consistent temperature until they are perfectly ripe. They are again hand sorted to ensure no damaged fruit goes into our oil.
- The avocado flesh is then gently cold pressed without any additives.
- Stored in dark, oxygen free containers until we bottle
- We bottle in dark, glass bottles protecting the oil from sunlight and shop lights.
How long does your avocado oil last?
Each bottle has a best before date on it and usually will be no less than 12 months of shelf life left from when your receive it directly from us. Once opened, we suggest to use your oil within 3 months for optimal freshness. Store in a dark place and ensure you keep the lid tightly closed.
Is your avocado oil free from GMOs?
Yes - absolutely. All of our products are free from GMOs.
Is your Avocado Oil Kosher or Halal?
Yes - it sure is!