This fiery turkey curry recipe will bring your Christmas Day leftovers back to life - for a quick and easy meal that's destined to become a Boxing Day tradition.
The Ultimate Boxing Day feast
It can be hard to know what to do with your Christmas dinner leftovers and as much as we hate waste, we don't really fancy having the exact same meal two days in a row.
Our leftover turkey and veggie curry is the perfect Boxing Day meal. With the majority of the cooking done and dusted the day before, all that's left to do is make your quick and easy curry before enjoying it with your feet up and a great film.
Add chunks of roast turkey and whichever veggies you like to this curry - we promise that it will convert even the most stubborn sprout hater in your family!
Which curry paste is best?
Choosing a great quality curry paste is the secret to perfecting this recipe.
You can make your own from scratch, but we think that treating yourself to a readymade paste is a well deserved Boxing Day treat.
After all, you've done all the hard work yesterday and the beauty of this recipe is that most of the ingredients are already cooked and good to go.
Be sure to choose a curry paste which is Organic and made with all natural ingredients. And as oil is a key ingredient to any curry paste, be careful to swerve veg and seed oils in favour of avocado, coconut or olive oil curry pastes.
You can use Indian or Thai curry paste for this recipe; we think that red curry pastes work best to bring a fiery flavour to your tasty leftovers.
Biona Organic Coconut Milk
Adding a can of coconut milk to this dish will transform your curry paste into a rich, fragrant and silky curry sauce.
Biona Organic Coconut Milk is pressed from coconut kernels for an all natural coconut milk with no artificial ingredients.
The result is a luxurious and rich coconut milk which is well deserving of its Great Taste Award winning title.
It is also as good for you as it tastes, providing a great source of healthy fats, perfect for utilising in Paleo, Keto and Low Carb cooking.
Nutritional info (per serving):
Of which saturates: 1.7g
Of which sugar: 3.8g
*Makes 5 servings - nutritional info will vary depending on the vegetables and curry paste used
What you need (ingredients):
- 600-750g leftover cooked vegetables
- Carrots (skip if Keto to lower carbs)
- Brussel sprouts
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil
- 4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 400ml Biona Organic Coconut Milk
- Optimal: 250g leftover roasted turkey
- Optional toppings: coriander, lime juice, chili flakes
What you do (method):
- Heat a large skillet or casserole dish on a medium heat
- Add the avocado oil to the pan along with the sliced onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the onion begins to soften
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute before adding in the red curry paste, stir the paste into the onion and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Pour the coconut milk into the curry paste mixture, being careful to scrape out any solids left in the can - bring to a simmer and allow to bubble for 5 minutes
- Next, add the cooked vegetables and turkey (if using) to the pan, then cook for 5-7 minutes or until all the ingredients are warmed through
- Spoon the curry into bowls and top with coriander, lime juice and chilli flakes if desired - enjoy!