The ultimate Paleo & Keto homemade grass-fed lamb burger with avocado oil mayonnaise and a lettuce bun.
Whether the sun is shining or not, these delicious juicy lamb burgers are perfect for the BBQ - inside or out. With grass-fed lamb, Organic lettuce, and a dollop of avocado oil mayonnaise, Low carb has never been so tasty! Why not make a batch, cook and then freeze them - so you can have them for lunch later in the week.
Can I make this recipe using Beef Mince?
Yes, this recipe is also perfect with beef mince. Just be sure to choose Pasture For Life mince - so that you can guarantee your meat has the highest welfare standards and that they have been pasture-raised and grass-fed for their entire lives.
Learn more here.
Why is Grass-Fed meat important?
We believe that 100% grass-fed meat is best, not only for the environment but also for our health. As Co-Founder Amy is a lifelong Coeliac by choosing 100% grass-fed meat (Pasture for Life), we can be sure that there has been no grains or soya feed used in the production of the meat.
Lamb Burgers With a Lettuce Leaf Bun
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Of which saturates: 13.8g
Of which sugars: 4.5g
What You Need (ingredients):
- 500 grams lamb mince
- Small Handful chopped mint
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (Organic)
- Hunter and Gather Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- Optional toppings: onion, pickle, mustard, tomato (Organic), bacon, etc.
What You Do (method):
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Mix with fork (or your hands) until well combined.
- Divide the burger mixture into 4 equal patties and press a divot into the middle of each. (The middles will expand when cooked).
- Preheat a large skillet (cast iron works best!) to medium-high heat. Cook each burger for 5-6 minutes per side. This can also be done on a grill if you’re able!
- Wrap the completed burgers in lettuce leaves and top with Hunter and Gather Avocado Oil Mayonnaise and any other optional toppings.
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.