The ultimate Paleo & Keto homemade grass-fed lamb burger with avocado oil mayonnaise and a lettuce bun.
Whether the sun is shining or not, these delicious juicy lamb burgers are perfect for the BBQ - inside or out. With grass-fed lamb, Organic lettuce, and a dollop of avocado oil mayonnaise, Low carb has never been so tasty! Why not make a batch, cook and then freeze them - so you can have them for lunch later in the week.
Can I make this recipe using Beef Mince?
Yes, this recipe is also perfect with beef mince. Just be sure to choose Pasture For Life mince - so that you can guarantee your meat has the highest welfare standards and that they have been pasture-raised and grass-fed for their entire lives.
Learn more here.
Why is Grass-Fed meat important?
We believe that 100% grass-fed meat is best, not only for the environment but also for our health. As Co-Founder Amy is a lifelong Coeliac by choosing 100% grass-fed meat (Pasture for Life), we can be sure that there has been no grains or soya feed used in the production of the meat.
Lamb Burgers With a Lettuce Leaf Bun
- 500 grams lamb mince
- Small Handful chopped mint
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (Organic)
- Hunter and Gather Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- Optional toppings: onion, pickle, mustard, tomato (Organic), bacon, etc.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Mix with fork (or your hands) until well combined.
- Divide the burger mixture into 4 equal patties and press a divot into the middle of each. (The middles will expand when cooked).
- Preheat a large skillet (cast iron works best!) to medium-high heat. Cook each burger for 5-6 minutes per side. This can also be done on a grill if you’re able!
- Wrap the completed burgers in lettuce leaves and top with Hunter and Gather Avocado Oil Mayonnaise and any other optional toppings.