KETO & PALEO GLUTEN-FREE PANCAKES WITH COCONUT, VANILLA & AVOCADO OIL
You'd be flippin' mad not to want stacks of these fluffy pancakes year-round - not just pancake day! Add your favourite sweet or savoury toppings for endless breakfast, brunch and supper possibilities.
ARE PANCAKES HEALTHY?
Pancakes are traditionally made using a basic batter of milk, eggs and plain flour. Popular pancake toppings include sugar, syrup and chocolate spread. So, pancakes don't necessarily stack up to have a healthful reputation!
But not all pancakes are created equal! We've reinvented the traditional pancake recipe to utilise coconut milk, almond flour, free range eggs and added collagen peptides. The result is pancakes which are free from grains, sugar and seed oils as well as Keto & Paleo friendly. Made with 100% real food ingredients, they really are as good for you as they taste!
WHY SHOULD I ADD COLLAGEN PEPTIDES TO MY PANCAKES?
Collagen is a type of protein needed for healthy skin, hair, nails, joints, bones and also gut health. Collagen is essential for optimal health but is scarcely found in the modern diet, which is devoid of the animal-based organs and meat off-cuts which collagen is found in.
Hunter & Gather Collagen Peptides is a powdered protein supplement which provides 18 amino acids, including 8 essential amino acids which can't be made in the body. Collagen peptides are a powerful and potent source of quality protein that can easily top up your dietary intake.
Adding 1-2 tablespoons Collagen Peptides to meals and drinks daily is a great way to top up your intake of amino acids to support optimal health. You can learn more about the benefits of Collagen in our articles below:
WHAT CAN I SERVE MY PANCAKES WITH?
You can really get creative when it comes to topping your pancakes and use whatever you have available to keep things interesting! Here's our favourite Keto friendly pancake toppings:
- Seasonal Fresh Berries
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Melted Ghee or Grass Fed Butter
- Coconut or Greek Yoghurt (full fat & unsweetened)
- Cream Cheese or Mascarpone (full fat)
You could also leave out the vanilla extract for a neutral tasting pancake, which will work better with savoury toppings like butter, bacon, fried egg and avocado - yum!
CAN I BATCH COOK PROTEIN PANCAKES?
You can make your pancakes in advance and they will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days, or in the freezer for 3 months. However, we think these pancakes taste best when they're still warm and fresh.
So alternatively, you can prepare your batter in advance and store in the fridge for 2-3 days - ready and waiting to make fresh pancakes in under 5 minutes whenever you fancy them!
NUTRITIONAL INFO (PER SERVING):
Of which saturates: 5.6g
Of which sugars: 2.2g
WHAT YOU NEED (INGREDIENTS):
- 2 free range eggs (allow to reach room temperature)
- 75ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 40g Hunter & Gather Collagen Peptides
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g Organic fine almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
WHAT YOU DO (METHOD):
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, avocado oil and vanilla extract until well combined
- In a separate bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder, collagen peptides and salt, then gradually add to the wet mixture - whisking to create a smooth batter
- Warm a large skillet on a medium heat and add a drizzle of Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil, once sizzling drop a large dollop of batter onto the skillet and cook for 2 minutes - flip over once bubbles appear on top and the edges are set
- Cook the underside for another 2 minutes until golden brown
- Repeat until all of the pancake batter is used, serve warm with your pick from the toppings suggested above
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.