Low Carb Keto Chocolate Cake Recipe with Avocado Mayonnaise
Looking for a way to make a delicious keto diet approved low carb chocolate cake? Perfect for birthdays, special occasions, or you know just your average Tuesday evening (we won't judge you). This quick and easy keto and gluten-free chocolate cake recipe is our go too as it is also refined sugar-free and packed with essential amino acids from collagen peptides.
Can I eat chocolate cake on the Keto Diet?
The answer is YES! you can still enjoy your much-loved desserts like chocolate cake, with just a few easy twists - you won't even notice the difference.
Can I make chocolate cake grain and gluten-free?
Again, Yes! This recipe is completely grain and gluten-free, using coconut flour, cocoa and collagen powder instead of wheat or grains based flours.
What You Need (Ingredients):
- 100g Dark Chocolate (90 or 100%)
- 146g coconut flour
- 230ml water
- 6 eggs (free-range)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract or seeds
- 73g cacao powder
- 220g Classic Avocado Mayonnaise from Hunter and Gather
- 73g collagen powder Hunter and Gather
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Whipped Cream for decoration
- (Optional: You can add the keto sweetener of your choice if wanted)
What You Do (Method):
- Melt the dark chocolate au bain-marie
- Whisk the eggs and the vanilla extract in a bowl
- Add avocado mayonnaise and whisk
- In a seperate bowl mix the coconut flour, cocoa, collagen peptides and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet chocolate mixture slowly
- Add 230ml water and stir well into a cake batter
- Grease the cupcake moulds with avocado oil and add 2 tablespoons of the batter to the moulds/muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the oven at 180 degrees celsius
- Top with (Double Cream and dark chocolate shavings)
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
With grass-fed lamb, Organic lettuce and a dollop of avocado oil mayonnaise, Low carb has never been so tasty! Why not make a batch, cook and then freeze them - so you can have them for lunch later in the week.
Bored with the bland salad lunch option? - you know the limp lettuce, tomato, and cucumber number that is about as exciting as watching paint dry as well as being nutritionally lacking. Well, we are here to help with this nutrient-dense, tasty, dressing recipe that will add the excitement without the refined sugars, seed oils or chemicals - YUK.