Making Christmas Dinner this year? Need ideas for the ultimate starter that is impressive but easy to make?
You cannot beat a prawn cocktail at Christmas (the nostalgia makes it magic) but why not liven up this retro classic with avocado oil mayonnaise and a touch of caviar?
This recipe is Gluten, Sugar, Dairy Free and Suitable for Paleo, Vegetarian and Keto Lifestyles.
What you need:
- 4 whole cooked prawns shell on
- 140g cooked tiger prawns
- 200g small cooked North Atlantic prawns
- 4 tablespoons of Hunter & Gather avocado oil mayonnaise classic
- 5 drops of Tabasco
- 1-2 teaspoons Hunter & Gather Ketchup
- 1 avocado diced
- Lumpfish roe
- Lemon wedges
- 1 bag mixed leaves
What You Do:
1) Mix the mayonnaise, Tabasco and tomato paste in a bowl.
2) Add the prawns and avocado (save some for decoration to help wow your guests).
3) Put a small amount of salad leaves in the bottom of a glass
4) Layer with the prawn cocktail mix
5) Top with the roe and garnish with prawns and a lemon wedge.
Serve in cocktail or wine glasses for that extra wow.. or what about a retro babycham glass!
This recipe has been created for Hunter & Gather by the wonderfully talented Mandy - do check out her webpage and Instagram @simplyfoodbymandy for other tasty recipes and food inspiration.
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.