Juicy, melt in the mouth sirloin with fiery horseradish mayo - move over turkey, this one will be gobbled up on Christmas Day!
How to choose the best sirloin joint
We believe that Grass Fed, Free Range and Organic are all hallmarks of the very best quality meat.
Whether it's Christmas Day, your regular Sunday roast or a midweek meal - choosing meat which has been pasture raised on a natural diet pays dividends in flavour and texture.
If your budget restricts you from choosing Grass Fed and Organic meat all the time, why not treat yourself this festive season to make a real celebratory feast that is a gift in itself.
You can learn more about the benefits of Grass Fed meat in our article below.
A Christmas Day feast to remember
If beef was a Christmas tree then horseradish would be the baubles, bringing out all the joy and making it even more special!
We know that beef and horseradish are the perfect pairing and simply can't think of anything better than succulent sirloin with a generous dollop of Hunter & Gather Horseradish Mayo.
Made with real grated horseradish and 100% natural ingredients, our horseradish mayo will be your favourite Christmas condiment this year!
Good alternatives to turkey for Christmas Dinner
Whether you're not fussed on turkey traditions or are looking for more meat to feed your family this Christmas, a sirloin roasting joint ticks all the boxes.
This recipe couldn't be simpler, so you'll thank yourself for making room in the oven!
Use any leftovers as the star ingredient of the following recipes - although, we're not confident that you'll have leftovers at all!
Here's the recipe.
Nutritional info (per serving*):
Of which saturates: 6.8g
Of which sugar: 0g
*5 servings per kilo of roast, nutritional info is per serving serving with 1 tablespoon Hunter & Gather Mayonnaise
What you need (ingredients):
- 1 sirloin roasting joint
- 3-4 white onions, quartered (Skip if Carnivore)
- 4 cloves of garlic, whole
- Sprig of fresh rosemary
- Himalayan salt & cracked black pepper
- Hunter & Gather Horseradish Mayo (Skip if Carnivore)
What you do (method):
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Add the onion and garlic to a large roasting dish - meanwhile, heat a large skillet to high heat
- Season the fat of the sirloin roast generously with salt and pepper and then place the meat into the skillet fat side down - cook for a few minutes on each side until the fat has turned golden brown
- Transfer the meat to the roasting dish and sprinkle with fresh rosemary, then place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes per kilogram of meat
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes, covered in foil to keep it warm
- Slice and serve with the roasted garlic and onions, with a generous dollop of horseradish mayo