Lemon Chicken Nuggets
Grain free, gluten free and proper tasty! Who knew chicken nuggets could be healthy?!
A great one for the kids or even just a snack whilst watching a movie.
What you need
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- Salt and pepper
- Hunter & Gather Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- Lemon wedges
What you do
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite size pieces
- Mix together the arrowroot with some salt and pepper in a resealable freezer bag
- Put the bite size chicken pieces into the bag with the arrowroot mixture
- Seal the bag and give the chicken mixture a good shake to coat
- Prepare a large frying pan by heating it up and ensuring it has a generous coating of avocado oil
- Place the chicken pieces in a single layer in the pan
- Leave the chicken undisturbed in the avocado oil to get a golden colour on the underside. This will take approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Carefully turn the pieces over and allow the chicken to develop a golden colour all over. Add a little more avocado oil to the pan if necessary to keep the chicken from sticking to the pan. It should take a further 3-4 minutes (approximately) to cook through.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve with chopped parsley and a wedge of fresh lemon
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
Wouldn't life be awesome if after a long day you could just reheat dinner for the entire family that is still healthy, tasty, and Grain-free?
This is an easy Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free skillet recipe that is simple, delicious and perfect for batch cooking.