Grain free, gluten free and proper tasty! Who knew chicken nuggets could be healthy?!
A great one for the kids or even just a snack whilst watching a movie.
What you need
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- Salt and pepper
- Hunter & Gather Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- Lemon wedges
What you do
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite size pieces
- Mix together the arrowroot with some salt and pepper in a resealable freezer bag
- Put the bite size chicken pieces into the bag with the arrowroot mixture
- Seal the bag and give the chicken mixture a good shake to coat
- Prepare a large frying pan by heating it up and ensuring it has a generous coating of avocado oil
- Place the chicken pieces in a single layer in the pan
- Leave the chicken undisturbed in the avocado oil to get a golden colour on the underside. This will take approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Carefully turn the pieces over and allow the chicken to develop a golden colour all over. Add a little more avocado oil to the pan if necessary to keep the chicken from sticking to the pan. It should take a further 3-4 minutes (approximately) to cook through.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve with chopped parsley and a wedge of fresh lemon
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.