A Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Ketogenic, Dairy-Free Cookie Dough Bites Recipe that is no-bake and easy to make!
If you have kids (big or small), or even if you are just young at heart - scraping Cookie Dough out of a bowl has become a favourite family tradition in many households. But, what do you do if you are following a grain-free, dairy-free and refined-sugar-free lifestyle? Or if you are utilising Keto or Paleo? Fear not, this recipe is the perfect recipe for you to get that homemade raw cookie dough feeling without the glucose spiking effects! Winning.
How can I make this recipe Keto Friendly?
This recipe is free from grains, refined sugars and is suitable to a keto lifestyle. All you need to do is use monk fruit or inulin syrup instead of honey.
What is inulin syrup?
Inulin syrup comes from Chicory root a natural plant-based sweetener. Although on first glance inulin appears to be relatively high in carbohydrate, inulin is extremely high in fibres and is often used as a prebiotic. This high fiber content means the net carbs are negligible and the inulin fiber itself is indigestible by the human body - meaning that your blood glucose levels are not impacted in the same way as a refined sugar for example.
Is Honey ok to use? Is it not just sugar?
Honey is a Paleo-friendly option for adding a touch of sweetness to this recipe. You can of course go without any sweetness at all and this would be our preference versus synthetically produced sweeteners.
Many are starting to utilise honey in their Paleo and Carnivore lifestyles (especially in the summer when our Hunter-gatherer ancestors would have had more access to honey) as raw, natural honey is packed with antioxidants, iron, zinc, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin and more.
Be sure to choose local raw honey over pasteurised commercially produced honey.
Interestingly, according to Dr Josh Axe - 1 tablespoon of honey has less glycemic impact than 1 banana.
Can I store this keto cookie dough in the freezer?
Yes you can! Keep it in the fridge or freezer and enjoy whenever you want.
Keto & Paleo Cookie Dough Bars with Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt
Makes 6 bars
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Of which saturates: 11.2g
Of which sugars: 2.2g
What you need (Ingredients):
Cookie Dough Layer
- 1/2 cup or 125g cashew butter
- 2 tbsp inulin syrup or Monk Fruit extract (keto) or raw honey (paleo)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2cup or 50 grams almond flour
- 1tbsp coconut flour
- 4 tbsp Hunter and Gather Collagen Peptides
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup or 60 grams chopped 100% dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup or 90 grams dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- sea salt for sprinkling
What You Do (Method):
- Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Cookie Dough Layer
- In a large bowl stir together the cashew butter, sweetener of choice and vanilla until combined.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, collagen peptides and salt. Mix everything together until it forms one cohesive mixture. It may appear too dry, but keep mixing! It'll get there.
- Add the chopped chocolate to the mixture and mix well. Spread the cookie dough layer into the loaf pan and press it down with your hands until it’s in one even layer. Place in the fridge or freezer while melting the chocolate.
- Add the chocolate and the coconut oil to a bowl and melt over a pan of hot water - ensuring to mix well.
- Take the cookie dough layer out of the fridge/freezer and pour the chocolate over the top. Place back in the freezer for 5 minutes before topping with sea salt!
- Leave in the fridge or at room temperature until the chocolate sets. Slice into desired size bars or squares!
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.