Paleo Chicken Dipper Nuggets, Sweet Potato Fries & Avocado Oil Mayonnaise Awesome Sauce
Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Low Carb, Paleo
Chicken nuggets don't have to be deep-fried in vegetable oils, or coated in grains - this easy recipe will have you making nuggets on the regular. The perfect healthy swap for kids and really easy to make.
What You Need:
- 750 g boneless, skinless chicken tenders (or breasts cut into tenders)
- 500 g sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs (Free Range)
- 60 g coconut flour
- 100 g almond flour
- 1 tsp paprika (optional)
- 2 tsp dried parsley (optional)
- 2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 2 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil
Awesome Sauce Ingredients:
- 75 g Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Prepare a pan by placing a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet. This will allow the hot air to circulate + will ensure crispy chicken tenders.
- Chop the potatoes into chips or wedges. Toss with the Hunter and Gather Avocado Oil and 1 teaspoon of salt, garlic powder and parsley and 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare a "dredging" station for the chicken by placing three bowls or shallow dishes next to eat other. In the first bowl, place the coconut flour + 1 teaspoon salt. In the second bowl, crack both eggs and whisk them together. In the third bowl, mix together the almond flour and remaining spices.
- Take each chicken tender and dip it into the coconut flour until covered. Then, drop it into the egg mixture. Once coated, drip off the excess and move it to the almond flour. Be sure to really press the almond flour onto the outside of the chicken. It needs to have a thick, thorough coating.
- Place the seasoned chips in a single, flat layer on top of the cooling rack. If there's room, add the chicken or add the chicken to its own baking sheet on its own cooling rack. The potatoes will take roughly 25-30 minutes to cook, depending on their size. The chicken tenders will be perfectly golden brown + juicy in 13-15.
Awesome Sauce Directions
- Simply stir all of the ingredients together in a bowl until combined. Dip the chicken + the fries to your heart's content.
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.