100% Montezumas hot chocolate recipe with added collagen protein. Gluten, refined sugar and dairy-free hot chocolate.
What is Montezumas chocolate?
Montezumas is a British Chocolate company founded by partners Simon & Helen Pattinson. Who fell in love with each other and took a trip to South America where they camped on a cocoa plantation. Montezumas was born and they launched a small shop in Brighton. Montezumas champion Fair Trading and they are a responsible business, that focuses on Innovation. We love this here at Hunter & Gather and we are big fans of their 100% Dark range that uses no added sugars, grains, seed oils or dairy!
We have used their 100% dark chocolate range in this recipe.
What does 100% dark chocolate taste like?
It is a pure, dark and intense chocolate experience. Meaning you can only have a few squares at a time! They also come in mint, orange, hemp and other flavours like almond which all add a bit of variety. The dark chocolate orange is a favourite of ours and includes cocoa nibs in the recipe for a crunch.
Could I make this recipe Keto Friendly?
Why not swap out the coconut milk and use double cream, slightly watered down instead? This would help lower your carb content. This recipe is technically suitable for a Keto lifestyle, if you are following a <50g of carbs per day.
How many sugars are in a normal shop bought hot chocolate?
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Of which saturates: 46g
Of which sugars: 4g
What You Need (Ingredients):
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk - we use Biona Organic
- 1 bar of Montezuma’s 100% Dark Chocolate
- 2 Tbsps Hunter and Gather Collagen
- Optional: choose a flavoured chocolate to add a slightly different flavour, like the orange and cacao nib or mint chocolate bar
- Optional: inulin syrup, honey or maple syrup to sweeten
What You Do (Method):
- In a small pan, heat the coconut milk over a medium heat until hot.
- Break or chop the chocolate into small pieces and add to the coconut milk. Stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the collagen.
- Top with coconut whipped cream, grated chocolate and enjoy!