3-minute microwave quick bake chocolatey fudge cake that is gluten, refined sugar and grain-free
You know those days that just call for something chocolatey - these are the days that the chocolate counter jumps out on you at the Petrol Station or the corner shop. Why oh why is there chocolate everywhere filled with sugars (some bars are over 50% refined sugars!), seed oils, or even bulkers.
We understand this and we think chocolate can be a great addition to your real food lifestyle in its 100% cocoa form. Whether you use 100% cocoa powder or a 100% dark chocolate bar, you can still incorporate that chocolatey taste without all the nasties. That's why we have created this really simple mug cake recipe that is packed with gooey chocolatey-ness but without all the sugars.
Why should I choose 100% chocolate if following Keto?
We are big fans of Montezuma's chocolate as they have a range of 100% dark chocolate bars that are Keto and Paleo-friendly (they are also free from dairy too). By opting for an absolute black (100%) dark chocolate you are swapping over 50% sugars in mainstream milk chocolates with 0.5% sugars - A huge difference.
How many carbs are in this recipe?
This recipe is 6g of Net Carbs. You could reduce this carb content further by replacing the cashew nut butter with macadamia nut butter.
Can I make this recipe in the oven instead of a microwave?Yes, you can! We know that some of you do not own a microwave and this recipe can be made in the oven too. Melt the chocolate in a Ban Marie instead of the mircowave and cook the mug cake mixture in a preheated over (200C) for 10 minutes or until desired consistency.
Paleo & Keto Friendly Chocolate Mug Cake
What You Need (Ingredients):
- 10 grams 100% dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Hunter and Gather MCT oil
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 tablespoon Hunter and Gather Collagen Peptides
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 British Free Range egg
- 1 pinch pink salt
What You Do (Method):
- Place the chocolate and MCT oil in a small ramekin or mug. Microwave in 15-30 second increments until the chocolate is melted. Stir until combined.
- Add the other ingredients and mix together.
- Microwave on the lowest power for 1-2 minutes, depending on the strength of your microwave. The cake should be just set in the middle.
- Serve on its own or with extra nut butter, a dash of coconut yoghurt or a few berries!