This is one of the most impressive but simple starters that you will ever make plus Tuna is packed full of Omega 3 fatty acids, B12, Vitamin A, magnesium and Iron. Making this a super healthy starter that is also grain, gluten and refined sugar free.
Serves 2 as a main 4 as a starter ⠀⠀
What You Need:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 Tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Micro herbs (optional)
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional, remove for Keto)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Aminos (Soy Sauce Replacement)
- 1 chilli finely chopped ⠀⠀
- 1 tablespoon Hunter & Gather avocado mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste ⠀⠀
What You Do:
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Mix the wasabi with the mayonnaise making sure there are no lumps.⠀
- Season the tuna and sear for no more than 30 minutes on each side in a really hot pan.
- Sear the sides and remove to cool.
- When cool slice using a really sharp knife.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Arrange on a plate, sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds, drizzle with the dressing and dot the wasabi mayo around the plate.
- Serve with micro herbs.
This recipe has been created for Hunter & Gather by the wonderfully talented Mandy - do check out her webpage and Instagram @simplyfoodbymandy for other tasty recipes and food inspiration.
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.