Simply sides are a favourite of ours here at Hunter & Gather as they improve absolutely any main course you could think of??
This serves 2 as a meal accompaniment, or is perfect as a snack.
What you need
- 2 handfuls of Kalettes
- 3-4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Avocado Oil?
- Coarse salt (Pink Himalayan if possible)
What you do
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Wash the kalettes, and dry off as much excess water as possible.
- Line a medium sized baking tray with some non stick parchment paper.
- Place the kalettes in a single layer on the baking tray.
- Pour the avocado oil over the kalettes, focusing on the edges of the leaves as much as possible (to help prevent them from burning during roasting).
- Bake the kalettes for 3 minutes, and then turn them over and bake for a further 3 minutes. Keep an eye on the kalettes to ensure the edges don’t burn.
- Turn the oven off, and leave the kalettes in the oven for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the kalettes from the oven and season with salt.
A wonderful recipe developed and photographed by the very talented Louise Gardner over at Primal Grapevine. You can catch Louise @primalgrapevine on Instagram and Twitter.
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.