Steaming bowl of hot and spicy chilli with minced beef, gherkins and jalapeño Chillies
Sometimes there is nothing better than a steaming bowl of chili, even better when it has a cheeseburger twist with bacon - the ultimate comfort food, without any hidden seed oils, refined sugar or grains.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Of which saturates: 3g
Carbohydrates: 24g (remove the sweet potato to lower the total carbs if following Keto)
Of which sugars: 10g
- 500 grams grass fed minced beef
- 5 slices of streaky bacon, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped into chunks (swap out for Keto to turnips)
- 2 cans (800 grams) of chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup (roughly 1/3 bottle) Hunter and Gather Smokey Barbecue
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup or 235 mls bone broth
- 1/3 cup chopped gherkins (about 6)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped red onion
- Extra bacon
- Coconut cream
- Cheese (If tolerated)
What You Do (Method):
- Heat a Dutch oven or large soup pot over medium/medium high heat. Cook the beef until brown, breaking it into chunks with a wooden spoon. Remove the beef from the pan.
- Next, drop in the chopped streaky bacon and cook until crispy and all of the fat is rendered. Remove the bacon, but leave the bacon fat!
- To the bacon grease, add the chopped onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the minced garlic.
- Once the garlic smells fragrant (1-2 minutes), add the chopped tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, paprika, chilli powder, vinegar, bone broth, chopped gherkins, salt and pepper. Stir until combined!
- Next, add the cooked beef, cooked bacon and the chopped sweet potato.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, turn down the heat to low and cover. Simmer the Chilli for 25-30 minutes or until thick and delicious!
- Top with optional toppings and enjoy!
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.