Simply sides are a favourite of ours here at Hunter & Gather as they improve absolutely any main course you could think of
Serves 2 as a main meal accompaniment
What you need
- 3 Parsnips
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey
What you do
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Peel the parsnips. Cut the peeled parsnips into ‘fries’ (matchstick shaped) that are all approximately the same size as each other. I recommend using a potato chipper/vegetable cutter machine for this.
Tip: Remove the woody core from the parsnips before pushing them through the cutter machine. I usually cut the parsnip in half and then cut the ‘wider end’ of the parsnip in half lengthwise to be able to see and remove the tough inner woody part.
- Lay the prepared parsnip fries on a small baking tray that has been lined with non stick parchment paper.
- Drizzle the 2 tablespoons of Hunter & Gather Extra Virgin Avocado Oil as well as the tablespoon of honey over the parsnip fries to coat them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for a maximum of 30 minutes, turning the fries after 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them towards the end of the baking time to ensure they don’t burn.
A wonderful recipe developed and photographed by the very talented Louise Gardner over at Primal Grapevine. You can catch Louise @primalgrapevine on Instagram and Twitter.
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.