Warm Roasted Kale & Butternut Crunch Salad
Salads are not just for summer and they definitely do not have to be boring - especially with this super tasty, nutrient packed warm kale and butternut crunch salad. Everyone will have lunch envy!
Sugar, dairy, gluten free and also vegan friendly
What you need (makes enough for 2 people):
- 200g kale - washed chopped and tough pieces removed
- 380g Butternut squash - peeled and chopped into large slices
- 1 x 250g pouch of cooked beluga Lentils
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoons Hunter & Gather avocado oil
- Himalayan Salt / Pepper
For the dressing:
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Hunter & Gather avocado oil
- Himalayan salt/ Pepper
What You Do:
1) Spread the kale on a baking sheet drizzle with the avocado oil, season with salt and roast for 10 minutes at 210 degrees. You will have to do this in two batches.
2) Drizzle the squash with avocado oil, season and roast at 210 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
3) Shake the dressing ingredients in a jar - an empty Avocado Oil Mayonnaise jar works great for this.
4) Mix all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl, drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and almonds.
This recipe has been created for Hunter & Gather by the wonderfully talented Mandy - do check out her webpage and Instagram @simplyfoodbymandy for other tasty recipes and food inspiration.
Leave a comment
Also in Recipes
This delicious beef platter is the perfect summer dish to accompany sweet potato fries, a crisp salad or just purely on its own. Sugar, Gluten and Grain free this dish is suitable for PALEO, KETO & Low Carb lifestyles.
Quick, easy and delicious this is the perfect summertime pleaser without being packed full of artificial ingredients, sugars or poor quality oils. Gluten, Sugar, Dairy Free and suitable for Paleo, Vegan and Low Carb lifestyles.
Forget about a sugar laden thai takeaway, this spicy, almond butter mayo chicken salad is the perfect summer dinner and is quick, easy and will leave your taste buds tingling. Gluten, sugar and dairy free