Simply Sides - Carrot Matchsticks
Simply sides are a favourite of ours here at Hunter & Gather as they improve absolutely any main course you could think of
Serves 2 as a perfect meal accompaniment
What you need
- 3 carrots
- 2 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- Himalayan Pink Salt
What you do
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Peel the carrots. Cut the peeled carrots into batons (matchstick shaped) that are all approximately the same size as each other. I recommend using a potato chipper/vegetable cutter machine. I bought mine on Amazon. It’s a very useful kitchen tool to have and cuts the carrots into batons in next to no time. Tip: cut the carrots in half (making them shorter) before putting them through the cutter.
- Lay the prepared carrot batons on a small baking tray that has been lined with non stick parchment paper.
- Drizzle the 2 tablespoons of Hunter & Gather Extra Virgin Avocado Oil over the carrot batons to coat them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for up to 30 minutes, turning the batons after 15 minutes. Keep an eye on the carrots towards the end of the roasting time, to ensure they don’t burn.
- Add salt to taste
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
With grass-fed lamb, Organic lettuce and a dollop of avocado oil mayonnaise, Low carb has never been so tasty! Why not make a batch, cook and then freeze them - so you can have them for lunch later in the week.
Bored with the bland salad lunch option? - you know the limp lettuce, tomato, and cucumber number that is about as exciting as watching paint dry as well as being nutritionally lacking. Well, we are here to help with this nutrient-dense, tasty, dressing recipe that will add the excitement without the refined sugars, seed oils or chemicals - YUK.