Simply Sides - Carrot Matchsticks
Simply sides are a favourite of ours here at Hunter & Gather as they improve absolutely any main course you could think of
Serves 2 as a perfect meal accompaniment
What you need
What you do
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Peel the carrots. Cut the peeled carrots into batons (matchstick shaped) that are all approximately the same size as each other. I recommend using a potato chipper/vegetable cutter machine. I bought mine on Amazon. It’s a very useful kitchen tool to have and cuts the carrots into batons in next to no time. Tip: cut the carrots in half (making them shorter) before putting them through the cutter.
- Lay the prepared carrot batons on a small baking tray that has been lined with non stick parchment paper.
- Drizzle the 2 tablespoons of Hunter & Gather Extra Virgin Avocado Oil over the carrot batons to coat them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for up to 30 minutes, turning the batons after 15 minutes. Keep an eye on the carrots towards the end of the roasting time, to ensure they don’t burn.
- Add salt to taste
A wonderful recipe developed and photographed by the very talented Louise Gardner over at Primal Grapevine. You can catch Louise @primalgrapevine on Instagram and Twitter.
Leave a comment